What were they using??? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default What were they using???

Now that the Pueblo Tourney is over, what did the winners catch them on and where?
GrWhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: What were they using???

all i can say is ours were caught on lindy rigs and the normal spots held lots of fish
Old 05-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Bottom bouncers, jigs and lindy rigs cover the top 5 teams, and probably 90% of the field.
setthehook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

FX FURY's on alabama rigs
flyfishgeek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by setthehook
Bottom bouncers, jigs and lindy rigs cover the top 5 teams, and probably 90% of the field.
Doesn't this cover 90% of walleye fishing?

Old 05-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdraw
Quote:
Originally Posted by setthehook
Doesn't this cover 90% of walleye fishing?

That weekend, yes. In general, no. Glendo in August it would be 90% trolling. Cherry Creek in April, 99% trolling.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

I think this is the last time I will visit this site. Too many times people ask legit questions and get sarcastic or partial answers. If this is truly a forum to share information and techniques then why are so many pics cropped and so many reports ambiguous at best?

I am from the south and we look out for each other and just because there are a few people that fish out a hole does not mean you should be a jerk, but then again maybe you are one all the time! Not just remarking on this post but on just about 95% of the others that I have read in the past.

I am always willing to share info with others but I think I'll do it face to face on the water or at the launch from now on. Just an opinion of someone who actually cares about other people.

Finally, I think the last few post will at least give you some idea. I agree that most fish were caught with usual patterns in the usual places so there's really no need to go out and purchase anything special. Some people are just really good at what they do. Congrats to those that finished in the money!

Tight lines.
alaskaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'll toss out one more bone. In prefish my partner and I tried locations we would not have normally tried just to see how many spots were holding active eyes. We only got blanked on 2 of almost 15 spots...so, the bite is on everywhere on the lake. We caught fish from the dam to Mid Lake. Did not fish much west of Mid Lake...shucks.

Eyes are relating to the weeds so a boat and decent electronics are necessary. With those two in hand, you can/will find eyes. Techniques are listed above.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaman
I think this is the last time I will visit this site. Too many times people ask legit questions and get sarcastic or partial answers. If this is truly a forum to share information and techniques then why are so many pics cropped and so many reports ambiguous at best?

I am from the south and we look out for each other and just because there are a few people that fish out a hole does not mean you should be a jerk, but then again maybe you are one all the time! Not just remarking on this post but on just about 95% of the others that I have read in the past.

I am always willing to share info with others but I think I'll do it face to face on the water or at the launch from now on. Just an opinion of someone who actually cares about other people.

Finally, I think the last few post will at least give you some idea. I agree that most fish were caught with usual patterns in the usual places so there's really no need to go out and purchase anything special. Some people are just really good at what they do. Congrats to those that finished in the money!

Tight lines.
And you've shared exactly how much, with your 11 posts? See ya! Don't let the door hitcha!

mrwigglestheworm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

My thoughts EXACTLY Ken!
flyfishgeek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in