Lake Henry and/or Meredith Help - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lake Henry and/or Meredith Help

I plan on fishing these two lakes this coming weekend. I have never fished either so any help would be appreciated. Such as where is a good place to bank fish for Wiper, Crappie and Catfish.
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Lake Henry and/or Meredith Help

Try along the dam at Henry for cats and wiper. Really, I went here many years ago and wasn't too impressed but I don't fish for cats. Water was muddy, scenery was, we'll its eastern CO.

All I know about meredith is its very shallow.

I think your time would be better spent going a little further and fishing John Martin.

Advice. Wise men don't need it, fools won't heed it.
kirbydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

There is only one place to fish at Meredith from shore. You can't miss it. As soon as you hit the lake you will see the spot and the other 30 cars or so, that will be the your clue that is the fishing spot lol.

I was there fishing 2 weeks ago. Too hot weather wise down that area. Bring lots of liquids. The bullhead fishing was on FIRE! No time to even smoke a cigarette if you do smoke, from all the action! Bullheads are loaded.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies. John Martin is in the plans as well. The reason I didn't ask about that lake is b/c there are a lot of info/posts about that lake but not about the other two. Wow only one place to shore fish that sucks. Yea I think I will pass on the bullhead bite ha ha. I am from Oklahoma so I am use to heat.

Other than the spillway where would you suggest I fish in the lake area of John Martin?
Old 05-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

i don't shore fish but this time of year the dam can be hot for crappie, white bass and wipers can be anywhere. if you don't catch what you want in 30-45 min move
Old 05-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Dude, word on the street is that the bullhead bite is awesome right now. Better gear up, those boogers fight hard!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Meredith is about 3000 acres.....nearly the size of 11-mile, and you get all of 400 yards to shore fish from, and you will know where the hot bite is at, and you may want to make hip pocket friends with all of them, but truth is, those guys out there are crew, they all know each others names and make room for each other, try to invade and you will be ran off or told in no uncertain terms that you can't fish there.

JM is only 1:05 from Meredith, and you will be much happier with the fishing there.
koldkut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to fisher32

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfisher

Other than the spillway where would you suggest I fish in the lake area of John Martin?
lol someone once said go to where all the asians are

Seriously, just a word of advice. If ur fishing from shore I would not go to either one on the weekend. Just saying.... The crowds are plentiful and the hot spots are scarce. Stay away from the JM spillway on the weekend too. That place will quickly make you regret the drive down there. Currently the fishing is much better on the lake. If you stick to the dam you'll be entertained with half of ur wish list. GL
Old 05-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher32
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfisher

lol someone once said go to where all the asians are

Seriously, just a word of advice. If ur fishing from shore I would not go to either one on the weekend. Just saying.... The crowds are plentiful and the hot spots are scarce. Stay away from the JM spillway on the weekend too. That place will quickly make you regret the drive down there. Currently the fishing is much better on the lake. If you stick to the dam you'll be entertained with half of ur wish list. GL
The spillway isn't THAT bad. just eat some taco bell the day before and some long rods so you can cast past the crowds and current.

I second the dam. watch for rattlesnakes.

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for all the advice. There has been a change of plans so I will no longer be going SE but instead NE

Fisher32, I always look for where the Asians are fishing even back in my home state of Oklahoma. I also pay attention to how they are fishing. It has helped me catch more fish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in