Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

project stealth bomber one man bass boat (fatman kayak)

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  longdraw 
#1 ·
So about a year ago I parted ways with all my past boats, I,ve been itching to get myself on the water ever sence, but being on a tight allowence from wifey I never thought it would be possible, Sure I could go get a job and have one in no time, but who wants to do that. Yesterday I was checking out cl and I found it.
Its a stealth bomber one man bass boat/ 1983 south bay duck boat
13' 10" length
63 in beam
rated for a 10hp
loaded full it will track in four inches in water
This boat is hand laid glass made in long island new york for blasting gressy black ducks in the atlantic.
Had the plesure of talking to man who made the boat yesterday on the phone for about twenty minutes, Iwas hesitent to buy this untill I talked to him, I figured I could not pass this by, as the boat sits with its current options it retails for around 6k, and the gentleman on the phone told me they routinely sell older models between 2k and 4k, this is all great news to me, It gives me somthing to do for a couple weeks, a fishing platform all sumer, and ill flip it in the fall come duck season.
not to mention the four 12ft push poles that were in the hull.
already started working on it by sanding all the oak and getting a poly coat on it, also started waxing, its amazeing what a little elbow grease will do for a boat.
so far a have about 256 dollars into this

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.