the pass to taylor a question - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default the pass to taylor a question

mmkay thank you all for the battery info. its helping me on the new boat experience. next question is boat owners would you boat your boat over the pass to taylor from the springs. i was just told half is dirt and im just not too spiffy on covering the boat with dirt from the drive up. (it didnt come witha cover, still looking for one that will work towable) would you or have you trailered your boat over that pass? my boat is pretty heavy and i dont want to put any undue damage on it. its never even been beached... thanks again to all. much appreciated with such a big investment behind my truck i have to ask you that have done this task possibly. take care.
tl1000r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: the pass to taylor a question

My boat is a 17 foot deep V and it did fine over the pass without a cover. The road from Almont is under construction, has 9 miles of gravel and is just as rough as the pass.
mrwelte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

I used to pull the Special Breakfast(16' Tri-Hull) over cottonwood a few times per summer. The west side is dirt and can be hairy after a good rain. Lots of potholes but if you take it easy you will be fine.

My new boat won't be making the trip up there, which is a shame b/c I love that place.
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
RyJ

I've never been and was looking at it this weekend as well. Do I need 4wd or a high clearance vehicle to get over the pass?
Thanks
RyJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

well i just finished detailing the truck and boat. shiny to attrack the macks... lol. thanks to all!! i will try to remember to snap some pics of the pass road for those also curious. worse case i turn around and go the long way.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyJ
I've never been and was looking at it this weekend as well. Do I need 4wd or a high clearance vehicle to get over the pass?
Thanks
Nope...paved on one side and just a dirt road on the other...I've seen Motor homes pulling boats and plenty of fifth wheels towed over the pass. Biggest deal is just putting up with the wash boards.
hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

Pass totally fine. Cottonwood. Putting on lake now
rivrunnr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

damn wind. yeah going the long way was bleh, had road construction for 8 miles the longer way.. i chickened out on the pass.. new boat and all.
okay day fun just beeing on the lake. especially in the new boat.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1000R
damn wind. yeah going the long way was bleh, had road construction for 8 miles the longer way.. i chickened out on the pass.. new boat and all.
okay day fun just beeing on the lake. especially in the new boat.
Good call avoiding the pass. I have lots of rock chips on my Lund from going through there. I've been on many dirt roads but that one has lots of gravel. Good call if you have a nice new painted aluminum boat. Mine went way downhill from that one trip.
fishaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

yep nice clean and white, even matchs my chevy. with a wide beam too. while everyone on taylor left yesterday me my dad and friend stayed out and "attempted" to fish through it. lol.
were just in need of some new electronics were going to bps next few days and a high pd thrust troller so my 65 pd er will be fs.
looks like granby or blue mesa from now on bc of road conditions. heading out to detail the boat for tomorrows fishing trip to chatty.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in