Lake Mcconaughy Bait Shops with live bait? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lake Mcconaughy Bait Shops with live bait?

Plan on hitting Big Mac this weekend and was wondering where is a good bait shop that sells live bait such as Big Shiners? Also, any pointers on where to fish for Cats, walleye, Wiper and White Bass are appreciated. Will be on boat and shore and I know about the dam fishing just wandering about other spots. Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Lake Mcconaughy Bait Shops with live bait?

The place on the south end of the dam usually has big live bait-
slayerfish is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Lake Mcconaughy Bait Shops with live bait?

Thanks Slayer!
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you didn't happen to find any good shops last year, JC's and Vogles lodge and lure both have live bait. JC's is by marina landing and Vogles is in lemoyne i think. You could find either driving around the lake though
bobys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

marina landing had good bait, just past gate 13 andshore fishing was fair in otter creek for cats last week. the water was to cold and the wind was bad. we had 4 boats, 8 people, 3 days, no fish, martin bay, arthur bay, and the dam. about 60 boats in the three days caught 5 walleyes that we know of
Old 04-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

The north third of the dam is closed to walleye spawn taking I believe...they have a visable beacon on the southernmost point that you cant go and I believe it runs all the way to the north shore...
Old 08-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

I spend atleast 20+ days up there between memorial day and labor day, if your looking for cats go to the shallowest part of the lake as possible. With the water levels varying the last 4 years the fishing has been all over the place but I've found that the cats stay pretty consistent in the shallow waters. People look at me crazy when I say im fishing from my boat in 2ft water and catching 20+ catfish a day, usually half of those are bullhead cats but since I catch and release it doesn't matter to me. Although I have a boat I choose to fish from shore quite often and I have just as much if not more success with the catfish. This past weekend I fished at cedar view and had okay luck I think I should of gone a little shallower. If the water is high enough go to marina landing and fish anywhere over there between 1-6 ft and you should have success. Ohyeah, use bobbers!! People think im crazy when I say that but I have had extremely more success with bobbers, I usually have 1 pole with a bobber and 1 pole without and the catch rate is truly about 5-1 unless you have a hole filled with baby bulheads they take anything
bobys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in