Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Colorado Fishing Lounge (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dillion Help? (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62805)

grandslam 07-03-2012 09:17 AM

Dillion Help?

Ha Fellas,
Been a long while since I've targeted trout. The Fiance's 8 year old niece is in town and we rented a condo in Dillion for the weekend.
I wanted to put some slimers on the end of her line this weekend. Any areas, lure suggestions, and baits that are a go to at Dillion?
She's from NY, so a ride in the Skeeter should be fun ;D

Thanks in advance, PM's welcome, your info won't be shared.

Brandon

madjas 07-03-2012 09:42 AM

Re: Dillion Help?

I was up there last summer with some family that doesnt fish too much. I took the boat along and we trolled some deep diving rapala cranks and caught quite a few rainbows and browns. If I remember correctly, the ones in perch color worked the best. Nothing too big, but the peeps were happy :).

LONGHORN 07-03-2012 10:16 AM

I have fished Dillon a time or two through the years with my young children. Always seemed to catch plenty of small rainbows to keep them happy. Seemed to have the most luck on small spoons, gold in color. I would also suggest a look into some of the coves on the North side of the reservoir. Good luck!

longdraw 07-03-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandslam
Ha Fellas,
Been a long while since I've targeted trout. The Fiance's 8 year old niece is in town and we rented a condo in Dillion for the weekend.
I wanted to put some slimers on the end of her line this weekend. Any areas, lure suggestions, and baits that are a go to at Dillion?

Brandon

I got something for you! Gonna be @ the mtg thurs?

catfishking 07-03-2012 11:36 AM

i fished dillon last week manily to get laker bait , i got plenty of suckers, bows and some nice browns 1 was 20 inches my brother also got 3 silver kokes

grandslam 07-03-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longdraw
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandslam
Ha Fellas,

Brandon

I got something for you! Gonna be @ the mtg thurs?

Sweet. Questionable on the meeting. Probably be on the road back from NM.
I'll text you late afternoon if it's looking like I will be back in time.
You fishing Elkhead? I'll be there. Planning on leaving Friday morning.