Zebco Announce Recall of Children's Fishing Poles - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2005, 02:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Zebco Announce Recall of Children's Fishing Poles

APRIL 13, 2005
CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
Firm's Recall Hotline: (800)444-5581 x6217
Release #05-155
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908

CPSC, Zebco Announce Recall of Children's Fishing Poles

WASHINGTON, D.C. ? The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. (To access color photos of the following recalled products, see CPSC?s Web site at www.cpsc.gov.)

Name of Product: Children?s Fishing Poles
Units: About 1.5 million fishing poles
Distributor: W.C. Bradley/Zebco Holdings Inc. doing business as Zebco, of Tulsa, Okla.
Hazard: The paint on the rods of these fishing poles contains lead. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects.
Injuries: There have been no reports of injuries or illness associated with these poles. This voluntary recall is being conducted to prevent any possibility of injury.
Description: The recalled fishing poles are brightly colored and feature pictures of the following cartoon characters on the reels: from Nickelodeon?s SpongeBob Squarepants® are SpongeBob, Patrick Star and Sandy Cheeks; Nick Jr.?s Dora the Explorer®; Disney?s Tigger; and the cast of Nickelodeon?s Rocket Power®. ?ZEBCO®? and ?Floating Catch ?Em Kit?? are written on the handles of these poles with the exception of the Rocket Power poles. The Rocket Power poles have a two-piece rod, were sold with sunglasses and ?Rocket Power? is written on the rod. Newer fishing poles with a date code on the rod (near the handle) are not included in the recall.
Sold at: Discount department, sporting good and toy stores nationwide from August 2001 through March 2005 for between $9 and $13.
Manufactured in: China.
Remedy: Consumers should stop using the recalled fishing poles and CLICK HERE to contact Zebco for information on receiving a free replacement fishing pole.
Consumer contact: For more information, call Zebco at (800) 444-5581 Ext. 6217 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit the firm?s Web site at www.zebco.com/recall.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from more than 15,000 types of consumer products under the agency?s jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $700 billion annually. The CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard. The CPSC?s work to ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals ? contributed significantly to the 30 percent decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.
To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury, call CPSC?s hotline at (800) 638-2772 or CPSC?s teletypewriter at (800) 638-8270 or visit CPSC?s Web site at www.cpsc.gov/talk.html. Consumers can obtain this release and recall information at CPSC?s Web site at www.cpsc.gov.
####

http://www.zebco.com/recall/indexa.html

www.ColoradoMountainFishing.com

Here's to Tight Lines, Bent Rods, and Screamin Reels.... FISH ON!
epic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2005, 02:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Re: Zebco Announce Recall of Children's Fishing Poles

I guess you dont have to do the recall if you can keep your kid from chewing on their fishing pole.

www.ColoradoMountainFishing.com

Here's to Tight Lines, Bent Rods, and Screamin Reels.... FISH ON!
epic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2005, 04:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

that made me laugh this morning ePIC
myboysrmyheart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2005, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to fishingkats

wow im going to have to stop chewing on my kids fishing pole because spongebob is going to make me sick
well will have to go back to just chewing on gum i guess
Old 04-20-2005, 01:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Zebco couldn't produce any product that I would buy anyway. Besides, I would never buy my children "Kiddie" gear. They get the best.
Nawanda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2005, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I'm glad they did not include my "snoopy" combo!

Dan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in