Anyone been to Riverbend in FoCo recently? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2006, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone been to Riverbend in FoCo recently?

So today I basically struck out in the loveland area, at Big T ponds, Simpson, and Loveland, so I was thinking about heading up to Fort Collins tomorrow afternoon to try my luck at the Riverbend ponds, and possibly the old faithful prospect ponds. Has anyone been to riverbend recently? Is prospect still closed at I25 as well? If anyone has been to Riverbend what is working? Stuck out today with nightcrawlers, mini tubes, numerous different colors of grubs and worms, rapalas and even throwing some flies. Guess tomorrow cant be much worse!
jwhitman36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2006, 08:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Anyone been to Riverbend in FoCo recently?

I haven't been there in a few weeks but the last time I was there water temp was around 60 degrees and the bass fishing was spotty...maybe one fish every few hours. I have kind of left it alone lately waiting for the spawn to be over.
farmer ted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2006, 09:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitman36
So today I basically struck out in the loveland area, at Big T ponds, Simpson, and Loveland, so I was thinking about heading up to Fort Collins tomorrow afternoon to try my luck at the Riverbend ponds, and possibly the old faithful prospect ponds.* Has anyone been to riverbend recently?* Is prospect still closed at I25 as well?* If anyone has been to Riverbend what is working?* Stuck out today with nightcrawlers, mini tubes, numerous different colors of grubs and worms, rapalas and even throwing some flies.* Guess tomorrow cant be much worse!
Haven't been there lately, but yes, Prospect is still closed, so you'll have to use the Timberline entrance. So if you're going to the Big Pond, you'll have to take a hike to get there. Good luck

Lip Ripper
Lip Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2006, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

I fished Prospect Ponds last week. I caught two smallish largemouth on a chartreuse curly tail jig on an ultra light rod. So far the only action I have been getting with any bass anywhere has been on this set up fished fairly slowly. I think the key is to find the structure, as there is little aquatic vegitation for cover.
reel estate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2006, 09:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

bump
jwhitman36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2006, 07:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Fished it the last couple days....very very slow. Caught some small bass with a jig a curly tail. Did get one large crappie but that was a fluke. It looks like the bigger bass have something else on their mind........Farmer Ted's estimation of one fish every few hous is pretty accurate.

Pondfisher
Pondfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in