Shore fishing - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Shore fishing

Hi all.
So when I go out fisihing with my friends, I'm lucky enough to be able to troll in a boat and have fun, but if I do not go out with them, I have to settle with shore fishing. So, my question is, living in Fort Collins and having a Larimer County Parks pass (annual), and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on where some of the better shore fishing can be found?

I do have a 2nd pole stamp and so I can drop bait but I like actually doing something while I fish (i.e. spinners, spoons, etc.). Also, I've only really fished for trout but would like to get some waleye. Any tips would be appreaciated. And for those with secret fishing spots, if you could "hint" me in the right direction, that would work also.

Thanks all.
Stryder05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2006, 11:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Shore fishing

There are many great places to shore fish in the Fort Collins/ Loveland area. My first advice would be to go to the DOW office on Prospect and get the pamphlet that has info on Fort Collins and Loveland public fishing areas.

At this point I am doing all my fishing from shore or wading. If you like casting, I would suggest getting some waders so that you aren't limited to areas of the shore that everyone else must use. Wading a shoreline allows you to cover more water and get into more fish. It also allows you to get off the beaten path and away from other shore anglers into less pressured areas. In shallow ponds like the Big Pond at Riverbend, You can wade yourself across much of the pond...almost like having a boat.

I don't fish with bait, but I do carry 2 rods rigged with different lures so that I can work an area quickly with a couple presentations. I keep one rod tucked in my waders while I'm using the other one. I also have a tackle bag (2 actually) that I can sling over my shoulder and be completely outfitted while I'm waist deep in water.

farmer ted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in