ALRIGHT, WHO ASKED FOR SNOW!?! - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2005, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default ALRIGHT, WHO ASKED FOR SNOW!?!

Ok guys, I know we all have been asking for rain lately, but who the heck asked for snow? C'mon man, step up. We won't punish ya we'll go easy....

J/J

Yeah, I just went on break to have a stogie. Man, it's white out there! End of April! I wouldn't mind rain, but man, snow??!? This will push us back again and the poor guys who dwell on visions of nothing but fishing will surely suffer! If you're one of those guys, well you're not alone. I'm about to break into tears right now ! I understand that our good state needs moisture, but this cold of weather at this supposedly prime time of the year is just heart-aching. It's terrible to even think about it. Picture this in your mind: Water temperatures sink, all the bass begin to hide and forget about eating, wipers suddenly dissapear into thin... water(?) Crappies shut down like depressed high school girls with no date on prom night... Even the mighty yellow wiper (carp) descends to the midst of the deep. And all the metro area fishermen have left to catch are once again, like in February... Stocked trout..

Oh it's terrible, I can't take this anymore!!!!
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2005, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TroutFishingBear
Default Re: ALRIGHT, WHO ASKED FOR SNOW!?!

The action at jerry creek reservoir#1 is here to stay. The west slope was cool, but not freezing cold like the east slope. Our highs have been mid 60's to low 70's, perfect for not raising or sinking the water temperature. Fishing for bass is good right now, but the walleye are delaying a bit in juniata. I'm still debating whether to hit it or not, since it, like jerry creek, is no body contact, you can't boat on it. There are some big A$$ rainbows in there though, probably average as big or bigger than anywhere in the state for a lake, although there aren't a high population of them. I'd say the average 18" or so, with my personal biggest out of there somewhere around 8 or 9 pounds and the biggest out of there a 14 pounder caught by my brother. I bet the trout are biting there right now, I may go. Even if the fish aren't biting at juniata I can still toddle down to purdy mesa (AKA hollenbeck) and catch some nice bass and the occaisional decent bluegill. (purdy mesa's bluegill, although the state record is from there, are shrimps compared to jerry creek's.) Overall, I like fishing this time of year to be honest with you, and I like the weather right now.

[quote author=ptaft link=topic=42422.msg488400#msg488400 date=1236743995]
I say if it catches fish throw it!
[/quote]
TroutFishingBear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2005, 10:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Westsloapers... Sheesh! Spoiled...

LOL!! At least you have it good... I guess this coming weekend I'll be tying up my rusty ol' panther martins and small rooster tails. I heard the stocked trout bite is still goin really good on some lakes and ponds near me so that's my last option. If not, then my only other option is to brave the elements and try for walleye.

Good luck to you TFB. Enjoy the weather... I'll count on you for more posts with spine backed warmwater fish. As for us over here, hopefully somebody will be posting pics of a bass or catfish or somethin.. Please don't get me wrong, I don't hate trout. I just don't seem too interested in em unless it's beautiful wild trout from the higher elevations. Anyway, go and catch us a 15 inch bluegill, bud. We'll be expecting that post!
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2005, 10:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

[me=ePiC]stops snow dance and looks around.[/me]

Dang missed again, no snow here just drizzle. I'm with you 1eyeReD I want to catch something besides trout. I havent had the time to travel anywhere so its been stocker trout at the local ponds. I even have plans to go fly fishing mothers day, chasing those caddis. Still waiting for warmer weather, here in the springs I dont think the water temps have even rose to the mid 50's yet, or atleast not when I'm out on the lakes.

www.ColoradoMountainFishing.com

Here's to Tight Lines, Bent Rods, and Screamin Reels.... FISH ON!
epic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2005, 10:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

damn man i was planing to go to queens. I dont think thats a good idea now.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookNLine
damn man i was planing to go to queens. I dont think thats a good idea now.
I hate it when plans are ruined. Yeah, it would be a good idea to stay put until conditions are prime. Especially if you're gonna spend all that money on gas.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Off for 4 straight days and look at the weather I get to deal with. I guess the weather will clear up on Sunday when I go back to work.

It would be so nice to have a high pressure system come through and sit for a few days.........I;m very tired of this "unsettled" weather pattern.

Dan
Old 04-28-2005, 10:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Off for 4 straight days and look at the weather I get to deal with. I guess the weather will clear up on Sunday when I go back to work.

It would be so nice to have a high pressure system come through and sit for a few days.........I;m very tired of this "unsettled" weather pattern.

Dan
Found the reason for the bad weather everyone blame Dan. :P

www.ColoradoMountainFishing.com

Here's to Tight Lines, Bent Rods, and Screamin Reels.... FISH ON!
epic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2005, 11:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to fishingkats

i thought we talked about this dan your supose to stay at work all the time no days off

Old 04-28-2005, 11:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Dan you can always call and tell them your going into work .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in