Looking for opinions on flourocarbon line - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2006, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for opinions on flourocarbon line

I have two Quantum QX combos which I had wound with flourocarbon P-Line on the recommendation of the guy at Bass Pro. But I have had terrible problems with tangles. Is it the line, the reel, or am I doing something wrong.
Brave_lb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2006, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Looking for opinions on flourocarbon line

some of the flourocarbon can have some memory problems. i use the vanish stuff exclusively for my mono and if i spool up too full and go fishing right away it tends to jump off the spool so i spool up ahead of time and let it sit for a week or so. or just dont fill the spool as far as you would with limper stuff. the visibility advantage is well worth it only thin i dont like somuch is when fishing on the surface with bobers or flies the stuff sinks so when you go to pick up the slack you gota rip the line to the surface, this can be an advantage if your fishing light baits and still want them to sink. also if the bottom is rocky the line can settle into the crevices and get stuck if your bottom fishing with a slack line

Said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat i
roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Roadkill is correct the stuff is heavier than mono...it cost me a wiper at Creek yesterday bait bobber fishing...it took it like a freight train and my line had settled down into the rocks...I brought the wrong rod...one that I use for casting...I love the stuff in a boat...you can use a light split shot and it kind of acts like a sink tip if you are deadsticking...

I have found if you spool your line the night before...drop it into a cup of hot water...and let it soak over night...it helps the memory problems...
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to AZbassernco

i have a rod spooled with the pline hybrid and i love it to death no memory problems and at 6# i fought a wiper at plo for every bit of 20 minutes and no problems i am sold now on flouros and braids and wont use anything else
Old 06-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mista tuan

u know my dad swears by flourocarbon ... hes a p-line freak. i personally find that flourocarbon line is really good, just not on the whole spool cuz of that memory issues. i really like flourocarbon as a leader when i live bait, since of the low visiblity.
18"+ Walleye [DONE 18.5"] | 12"+ Perch | 15" Crappie (12") | 10" Bluegill | 30" Rainbow/Cutbow (18") | 30" Laker | any sized Catfish | 12"+ Whitebass [DONE 17"] | 15"+ Wiper [DONE 24"] | any sized Striper
mista tuan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2006, 08:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
laker taker

I like the Berkley Vanish Transistion (the floro you can see out of the water, not in).

Check your knots, I find that I have to add more turns to my knots and REALLY lubricate the line when you cinch the knot down. I wish Floro knotted as well as mono.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

So would I be better off to spool my spinning set-up with regular mono or braid line and use a flourocarbon leader?

Brave_lb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2006, 10:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

What do you usually fish for and where do you fish?
Old 06-11-2006, 10:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mista tuan

works for me!
18"+ Walleye [DONE 18.5"] | 12"+ Perch | 15" Crappie (12") | 10" Bluegill | 30" Rainbow/Cutbow (18") | 30" Laker | any sized Catfish | 12"+ Whitebass [DONE 17"] | 15"+ Wiper [DONE 24"] | any sized Striper
mista tuan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2006, 10:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to AZbassernco

its all personal preference i use flouro on my lighter weight rod and braid on the heavy with a flouro leader

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in