Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Loch Lomond: A query...

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  catfishking 
#1 ·
So, one of the coolest places I've visited since being back home here in CO is Loch Lomond. Fished the lake for an hour with absolutely ZERO success, but that's alright... the trip was worth it.

I know, now, what to do in the main lake to catch some fishies, and I THINK I know what to do in a couple of the upper lakes.

Question #1: Is the road up there closed already?

Question #2: If closed to vehicular traffic, Can you take a snowmobile up that road, legally?

Question #3: (Please respond via PM) can anyone here give me some fly techniques/patterns to get into the brookies and OTHER fish in Caroline and/or Reynolds? I'd hate to get all the way up there only to realize that I need something I don't have... that's what happened LAST time I went up there. =)

I won't be able to get up there this week, but I'm hoping next week... It's such a neat place and so intriguing... Cold glacier water, trout.... =) If the road's open, I'm going to try to get off work a day next week and head up at 4 AM, make a day of it.

Thanks

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.