Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

PUEBLO BASS

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  craigknws2 
#1 ·
GOT A TOURNAMENT SATURDAY DOWN AT PUEBLO. HAVEN'T DONE MUCH BASS FISHING DOWN THERE SINCE MAY. DOES ANYBODY HAVE A PATTERN THATS PRODUCING KEEPER FISH. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS MIKE

#2 ·
Mike,
I have not targeted bass specifically due to fishing in walleye tournaments but I have run across some real nice smallies way back in the South Marina cove. Of course you cannot use the live bait I caught them on but a 4 inch ring worm in nightcrawler pattern with a jig head would imitate a crawler pretty close. They were in the shallow stained water, 6-8 feet.

#4 ·
Mike
Yesterday i got 8 SMB and 1 spot while targeting walleyes using 1/2 a worm.  a 12-13 " spot in the little cove just east of waterskiers , a couple of SMB about  100 yds out from the north end of the dam there were 2 boats fishing eyes on the point of the drop off on the S.E. corner of sail board flats in about 30ft of water and they were gitting a nice SMB every once in a while a friend of mine has caught 2 - 18"+ smb in the same aera this season, there also seems to be a lot of bass in the back of waterskiers and boggs coves in shallow water , as i go back in i start gitting bit in about 8fow. i hope this helps now go givem hell

By the way nice job on that 38 1/2 in pike i would eat that baby in a heart beat those fish were put in there to be taken out that is not a trophy lake we helped net those fish out of spinney it was eather get some of the pike out of spinney or take the gold medal water classifacition off and manage it as a trophy pike lake at the time it had a 78% bio mass of pike . so you did what they they were put in there for.

#5 ·
I don't know about keepers but here is what I used for tournaments down there that got me some numbers.
A Strike King Bitsy Jig in Camo (head is dark brown w/ glitter and brown/orange skirt) 1/4 oz.
Put a cinnamon w/ green flake Yamomoto twin tail grub
as a trailer and some Nitro krawfish grease on the trailer.
Most fish were caught crawling it off of points but caught a few swimming it too.
Also did well on a small tube jig amber w/ green flake.
All available at Sportsmans Whse.
Good luck, you can catch numbers at Pueblo but keepers are hard to come by.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.