Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Half Fishing Report/Half Whine

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jjbird1976 
#1 ·
So, went fishing at Pueblo today. Windy, windy, windy...water is up, and you can't drive where you used to be able to last year due to the water. That fact probably cost be a tire today...as I was driiving an alternate path, and there was a 3-inch metal rod sticking out of the ground..hit it dead on and tire just exploded (or so it seemed)! So, put on the spare, went to Discount Tire, got 4 new tires for the truck (was about time anyway) and went fishing again. I got nothing in the coves at Pueblo Reservoir, so I moved on to the Arkansas River, where I caught a couple rainbows off of my trusty March Brown. Fishing made spending a $1000 on tires better, but just barely :smile: . Was 80 degrees and beautiful out, other than the wind! Also, Arkansas is running fast, fast, fast downriver from the dam.

#2 ·
Yeah, it was windy as all get out! I was in the west fishing access flyroddin' from shore. Got an 18" walleye on an olive bugger with a fluorescent orange cone head. Hooked a bass that got off before I could see what kind on the same fly, and caught 1 small (12-13") rainbow on the purple version of the same.

#4 ·
@Hobie, yup, hard to ruin a beautiful 80 degree day! I was hoping for about 5000 miles more out of them, and change them closer to hunting season, but plans are made to be changed due to circumstances! I saw a lot of people in Juniper Cove, some on kayaks, some on speed boats, some on little personal craft. Think they were there to escape the wind!

@Yaernin - sounds like you had an enjoyable day! The wind was blowing out of the Southwest; if I was smart, I would have went to that shoreline as well to cast with the wind! I found a few protected coves, but no luck! Wife wants me to re-landscape the entire back yard, so instead of landscaping I did some escaping! Even changing the tire on rocky ground was still preferable to ripping up sprinkler systems on a beautiful, sunny day. Today is accommodating me as well, as I'm not going to start in this weather! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.