Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Planer Board Questions

View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
itsabigun

Default Re: Planer Board Questions

here is some info i posted in another thread a while back... haven't tried it yet, but i'm gonna ... maybe give it a go as well

i am trying something new this season. gonna use seperate rods, broomsticks actually spooled w/30# mono, as dedicated "board rods". the line from the rods will be attatched to the boards via snap swivel to the front eyelet of the board and will have no other job but to pay-out/retrieve the board... no release factor or lure resposibility what so ever. THEN... i have attatched a "Roehmer" (sp) downrigger release to the rear of the board itself doing away with the rear clip. this will allow a seperate rod to be used to play the fish without having to deal with the board until after it's landed. you can use the standard clips on the board as well but i swear by these releases and like the idea of freedom from releasing the board since i often fish alone.

» Forum Search
» Insurance