Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Planer Board Questions

View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
hobiecat

Default Re: Planer Board Questions

Michael, I agree with Scott...Trollng a slip bobber wouldn't work because the slip bobber is designed to set depth, allowing you to reel in your line up to the bobber and your lure...So trolling, as Scott said, the bobber would run right up to the lure itself.

As far as slow trolling bobbers...not slip bobbers...I do it all the time.. It works great when working shallow along a dam with jigs or slow trolling over weedbeds. Set the depth for six feet or less depending upon the depth of the rocks or weeds and troll at less than one mph...Or, if the fish are suspending shallow in open water..no matter the depth the water is itself...it can be a great presentation. I found a lot of fish that way just yesterday, crappie, wiper and cats. I've caught walleye using the same presentation. Once you find the fish, of course you can then go back and fish them by casting a jig, or working a bobber in the same general area without slow trolling.

I'm not too sure how that would work with planer boards since I really haven't tried..
hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance