Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Boat inspection thoughts

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
eyehunter27

Default Boat inspection thoughts

I have been to a couple of lakes this season where they started doing them. I don't really have a problem with them as they don't take long, I just question their effectiveness. The ones I have been to are more a few questions with a cursory lookover of the boat. What are your thoughts?

The last time I was at a state park I was asked to produce a invoice for my minnows, which I luckily kept. I think the lady said if you don't have one they would have to drain the water out of your bucket and than go down and refill with lake water. Not a huge deal, but when you only have a couple of hours after work it can chew up some time. I also wonder why it would be just people with boats using live bait that they are concerned with. I think it will become more common everywhere. Where does the money come from to pay the folks who do the inspections? I also fear other states might just say no CO boats on our waters. That would really suck.

» Forum Search
» Insurance