So as promised here is the update on the Terrova conversion to the new I-Pilot Blue Tooth. I completed the project last Thursday. Took me a couple of hours mostly because I had difficulty figuring out how to disassemble the housing to access the control board. In retrospect it was actually pretty simple once I did it. The rest of the disassembly and removal of the old control board and the subsequent reassembly and installation of the new one was fairly simple and went smoothly. The process is pretty straight forward. It's just a matter of unplugging the old wiring and reconnecting to the new board and then shrinking the new tubing. NO Wire Cutting necessary. Reassembled the housing, disassembled and removed the old head unit and replaced it with the new one. I took the boat out this past Saturday and once I paired the remote to the head unit the I-pilot worked as expected. The real test was when I spot locked over a tree to fish for crappie and the motor held the boat within 5-6 feet of my spot. Big world of difference to the old technology.
With all that being said I will add that I am not a wizard to accomplishing a task such as this. It's not difficult and again pretty straight forward. If I can do it anyone can do it. If you are so inclined to convert your old Terrova to the new technology and have questions I will be more than happy to help.
Forgot to add the cost of the project. Roughy $750 less the price of a new foot control and Heading Sensor. I had Northland Marine include the foot control and my total was $930 including shipping. I may add the Heading Sensor down the line but it is a nice feature to have but not required.
Last edited by fish-head; 11-11-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Reason: Add cost of project.