Help me find a boat and I will give you my pontoon boat!! - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help me find a boat and I will give you my pontoon boat!!

I really want a boat but just can't seem to find one that I like and one that is a good deal.

I am looking for a 16ft. Aluminum boat deep V that can hold 4-5 people and have the following:

- Compartments similar to a bass boat (rod holders, live well, etc).
-Side walls need to be deep enough so I don't have to worry about my kids falling out.
- Stable enough to endure rough wakes at Chatfield, and Cherry Chreek.
- a deck for a bow mount
- As far as motor is concerned, I don't need something fast just outboard big enough to get me around yet small enough that I can remove from the boat if I need to.
-* A bimini top would be nice but not required.*

Right now, my boat fund has about $3.5K and will be up to 5K in September and 8-9K in January.

So my offer to you is that If you help me find a boat and I buy it, I will give you my personal pontoon boat ( Colorado Trout Unlimited) that has been modified to include a 3 pole rack, 4 pole holders and a swivel seat.

To make the offer even sweeter, If I feel I got an amazing deal, I will buy you a rod or reel of your choice (Up to a $200 Max)

Not a bad deal for doing some research.

The boat needs to be in good condition and have been taken care of well.*

michael in parker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Just Ed

Default Re: Help me find a boat and I will give you my pontoon boat!!

I've seen a few like what you are describing on Craig's List. Saw one exactly like you describe (a Lund) for about $2,500 a week or so ago. You have to be quick.

Bass Pro shops is also having a sale this weekend on some aluminum boats set up with a center console - similar to a bass boat but without carpeting. They also have Evinrude E-Tech's on sale. Gander has the same boat (at least the last time I was there) at the entrance to their store.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Eds right i have seen some cheap lunds on craigslist , and they are a great boat just like your described

Old 08-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Just Ed

Here's an example from Craig's List (hopefully the posts are still there when you see them)...

http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/378969966.html

Aurora Marine is also advertising this one in their used section (more money though)....

http://tinyurl.com/2dbrls
Old 08-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Ed
Here's an example from Craig's List (hopefully the posts are still there when you see them)...

http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/378969966.html

Aurora Marine is also advertising this one in their used section (more money though)....

http://tinyurl.com/2dbrls
Thanks Ed. I called the number on craigslist but kept getting a busy signal. I am assuming it is already gone but will call again.

the boat at Aurora Marine is a very nice boat but I won't have that much extra money until January.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Just Ed

No worries. I'm on the lookout for a 20 - 22 foot Cuddy Cabin self bailing, with outboard motor setup (similar to that of TAL0362). I saw one last March with electric downriggers, 4 stroke outboards (one 150 horse, and a 15 horse kicker), Lowrance fish finder for $7,500 but didn't have the cash at the time. I also have talked to (but haven't seen) this boat

http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/375000965.html

He is in desperate need of cash to fulfill income tax payment commitments. The next closest listing on the internet (anywhere in the country) for that same boat is $12,500. I was tempted, but I don't have a place to store it (too tall with the fiberglass bimini top). That and I'm a little upside down on my boat so I'm taking my time.

If you can wait, I'm sure you'll come across something within your price range (especially seeing as the price range keeps increasing).
Old 08-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

One thing to is if you know anyone who may be upgrading boats before next fishing season let me know so I can be on the look out.

My ideal boat would be a lund type boat or something similar. Plenty of comfort room for all day fishing.

I have checked Craigslist almost everyday for the last month and found a lot of nice boats but most of them are either out of my price range or just too old.

There has to be someone who knows someone who is wants to sell their boat without trying to recover all their costs.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Ed

If you can wait, I'm sure you'll come across something within your price range (especially seeing as the price range keeps increasing).
That is the thing. Waiting!! It is killing me not having a boat. I am getting tired of always having to wipe off my drool when I see a nice fishing set up.

I love my pontoon. It has probably been the best purchase I have made in a long time, however, it is not a boat. I want to be able to start fishing other areas and with other people.

I waited for a few years now. So I can wait for a few more months, unless I come across something amazing.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairiegoat
I've been looking for a nice, reasonably priced boat too. Here's a couple I looked at, but don't know if they'd foot the bill for you. Just thought I'd pass them along.

1987 18' Bayliner Bass Striker
http://cosprings.craigslist.org/boa/380728212.html

Lund Pro-V Mr. Pike Fishing Boat. 16 ft.
http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/boa/390404252.html
thanks Prairiegoat. I emailed the add with the lund boat for some pics.

That bayliner is nice but too big for my 18.75 ft. garage. I am thinking a 16ft. will be a stretch but if I can put on a swinging tongue then I might just make it.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Not much info on this one but with a 150 it would be nice. Doesn't say year but it has a number http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/391253109.html

Goodluck I will keep looking
boondock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in