Three Custom Bait-Casting rods, Price change $100 each... - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2008, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Three Custom Bait-Casting rods, Price change $100 each...

Hi, I have been building my own personal fishing rods for a few years and I think I have came a long way in a short time. These rods that I have for sale I no longer use. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the rods, I just have to many. (They look like new) They are all simple spiral wrapped rods. The rods where designed to work with low profile bait-casting reels. Shimano MG, Daiwa Fuego, Alphas, Sols would be ideal.
Top rod in photo is a 6'7" Medium crank-bait rod, 1/4-5/8 oz. lures 8-14 lb. line.
Middle rod in photo is a Built on a St. Croix Avid 6'3" MXF blank, It is 6'4" in length. Great all purpose Bass rod. All the rods are one inch longer to incorporate the balance compartment behind the rubber end plug.
The bottom rod in the photo with the two tone grip is a MH 6'6" 1/4-5/8 lure 8-17 lb. line. It has been my favorite Pike rod for three years, really subdues large Pike nicely.
I am in north east Aurora a couple miles from the Denver county jail. If you would like to stop by and try your reel on any of these rods I think you would be very happy with the performance of any of the three rods.
I am hoping to go fishing on Sunday 6/22/08 and will not be around to show the rods that day. Thank you for looking at my post and have a great day, Rich.
(Modified) I will let any of the three rods go for $100 each. I think that is a very reasonable price that I do not think you could find anywhere. Have a great day, Rich.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baitcasters.JPG (77.0 KB, 69 views)
Rich G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Three Custom Bait-Casting rods, will consider reasonable offers.

A ballpark price would help me make an offer..........not familiar with handmade rod costs.............thanks!
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi mogul buster, I guess a ballpark price would be a good starting point. I probably have just over a hundred to a hundred and a quarter into the components for each rod. I guess somewhere around a hundred and a half a piece would be a good starting ballpark. I would really like to get these rods into the hands of fisherman to put them to good use. Thank you for your interest, have a great day, Rich.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2008, 10:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Those are some beautiful looking rods!
Old 06-22-2008, 04:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

What blank is the 6'6" MH built on? Also what guides?
Old 06-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've got one of his rods and absolutly love it and use it wherever I go. Even got my 1st legal eye of the season on it today. Wished I'd seen this yesterday before I bought my St Croix Avid bait caster. Rich's inlaid handles are choice.
colonative is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2008, 04:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hi James, thank you very much for the compliment.
Hi colonative, your rod was my favorite two piece spinning rod that I still miss it to this day. Congratulations on your 1st legal eye. I am very happy that you enjoy that rod as much as I did. Thank you for your compliment.
Hi BaitMonkey, The guides on that rod are Alconites, seven size six running and bumper and a double ft. size ten on top, Fuji Alconite six tip top. The rod blank is a Rainshadow RX7 IP844 SW popping blank. It was a seven ft. blank that I cut down to 6'6". I figured that shortening it would make it a more versatile blank for Bass fishing. I never hand a fish ever through a hook using it. It is a very versatile rod that being simple spiral wrapped has a lot to do with, very even stress distribution through the guides. I am pretty sure that it is a IP844, I will check again, I built it about four years ago. Have great day, Rich.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Out of my budget right now but those are beautiful rods. i will have to keep you in mind i realy like your wood work on the handles.

Ben
kokehead83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to fishingkid119

Very nice rods,
where you the one at quincy that one day, and fished with me for a lil bit?
Old 06-23-2008, 03:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

this guy makes sick rods!
i had one, fished with it twice, and then i sat on it in the boat, and broke it!
it was my best rod, wish i could find anthor one like it some day!
denverbassman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in