WANTED.........cymbals,snare drum, anything drum - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default WANTED.........cymbals,snare drum, anything drum

I've been looking for some more toys for my set.............and have found that many people have cymbals or other items just laying around. Willing to buy and take off your hands. Thanks..........Mogul
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2008, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: WANTED.........cymbals,snare drum, anything drum

I wish I could have my drum kit up here... No room in my dorm. Good luck on getting the stuff you want. What kind of kit do you play?
odaon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

It's pretty much a mutt kit............little of this....little of that. I just play for fun for the last 5 years............previous to that I played in high school and then played a snare once in a while for 13 years. I love playing for fun, stress relief, etc. I need a nice 22" ride and some new hats mainly. But what I need and what I want are totally different. So I'm just curious if anyone has anything drum related. Bongos, Congas, whatever. What do you play? Probably a sweet maple Pearl with the works huh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2008, 01:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

Nope. I have an old Gretsch kit that I bought from the drum teacher I had for a while. It could use some restoring but it has a good sound. My hi-hat sucks so much and my crash is chipped but it just adds flavor. It's more of a jazzy kit. I got a new snare and added a Sabian splash which has THE BEST SOUND I've ever head from a splash (IMO of course), and I added a Zildjian China Trash, and then some Iron Cobra Double bass pedals to make it more of a rock/metal kit. But it still has that jazzy flavor of the Gretschs. I tuned it a little to be more of a rock flavor. Hopefully next year I can bring it up and start to restore it. It's really a great kit.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Some of those Gretsch kits are worth some buck if they're restored. Bet it sounds great.........I messed around on a Gretsch snare in Ft. Collins last weekend and was impressed. My next kit will be nice orange to black fade maple wood with a Steve Gadd Yamaha snare.................topped off with some Sabian Paragons and various othere cymbal company's sounds.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogul buster
Some of those Gretsch kits are worth some buck if they're restored. Bet it sounds great.........I messed around on a Gretsch snare in Ft. Collins last weekend and was impressed. My next kit will be nice orange to black fade maple wood with a Steve Gadd Yamaha snare.................topped off with some Sabian Paragons and various othere cymbal company's sounds.
I pretty much only use Zildjians and Sabians. I had to get a new snare because the one that came with the kit wasn't the best. Hopefully I can get it looking good again once I get it up here. I'll probably need to replace all the heads and stuff at some point too.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogul buster
I pretty much only use Zildjians and Sabians. I had to get a new snare because the one that came with the kit wasn't the best. Hopefully I can get it looking good again once I get it up here. I'll probably need to replace all the heads and stuff at some point too.
When it comes time for heads............the web has much better deals than the stores around here. Check this website for some good deals...........I've ordered from them before...........prompt shipping and full warranties. Their package deals are great.............bass, 12", 13", 14", and 16" for less than
50$ in some cases.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...rts/drum-heads
Old 10-18-2008, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sweet thanks a lot. I'll get some pickers of my kit for you once I start restoring it next year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in