Private lake memberships available (special pricing for a limited time) - Page 2 - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default Re: Private lake memberships available

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofindyourowndamnfish
Does the club own the recreation rights, including the rights to use of the surface of lake, or just the fishing and hunting rights?

A friend of mine is in a similar club and they are now in a huge fight with the ditch company over whether the ditch company has the right to let water skiers on the lake!
Hmm, I don't know the answer for sure on this one. I think the ditch company is mandating the wakeless speed for erosion prevention but you do raise an interesting question. I will see if I can find out. Thanks for the heads up !!!
Brett
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solesearcher34
Looks promising and if gas prices go up could actually be a darn good value. Am I to understand correctly that there are currently NO fish in the lake? If that is the case, might be a pretty tough sell..........figure 5 years to get the possibility of a really good 'eye or bass even if stocked at a catchable size. That's over $4000 before you get a shot at something good. Other than that if you are in for the long haul, could be a good investment. I wouldn't even consider it under the circumstances unless I had legal paper to guaranty that the club would have rights for at least ten years follow the 5yr "building" period. Other than that concern, looks like a good place.
Valid points and concerns.

Point one- Correct no fish in the lake currently.

Point two- Not true. It has recently been done at a lake called ISH nearby that was totally drained. They are now catching 4 and 5 lb largemouth and walleye over 24 inches as well as huge perch and I'm sure the rest of the normal species. trout, crappie and the like. All this after 3 years.
In Colorado, it is all about the forage and allowing the forage to reproduce, many of these smaller lakes simply are put and take fisheries. We will stock with catchable ( many over 2-3 lbs) and yes I have seen the actual fish we will stock with. These smaller ponds/lakes turn around and promote growth at a really rapid rate for some reason. Some board members are going to meeting with the board at ISH to get some information on how they did that so we can emulate where possible

The ditch company will only lease in 3 year terms period, non- negotiable, end of story. The lake has been in existence since the 40's but I can't guarantee that it can't change either.

Oh,,, that other lake,, ISH,, Had no waiting list for 3 years, Now, you can't get in because there is a backlog of people wanting to get in now that it has turned around.

This gets you in on the ground floor so to spreak and will offer catchable fish to start, and a great place to hang out, take the kids etc etc.

I agree it is a decision and one that will have people deciding each way for a variety of reasons.
For me, I am genuinely excited about the prospects for this lake and have decided ( in my case, stay a member)

Thanks again for all the questions and comments
Brett

Old 02-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Good info Brett, and concisely written. I'm sure you'll forgive me for playing "devil's advocate".
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 05:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solesearcher34
Good info Brett, and concisely written. I'm sure you'll forgive me for playing "devil's advocate".
Your welcome. and I don't mind at all. Your questions and statements are almost the same that I had once I heard they were draining the lake. As I found out, some I have to live with and some required education. Spending about all day at the fish hatchery and speaking with the local biologist has convinced me that if we can get enough of a membership back to maintain the lease, we will have a fantastic and self sustaining fishery faster than most people realize. It will take an investment and risk, no doubt. If it's worth it or not is up to the individual and I'm happy to share the facts that I know to help in that process, no matter what way it goes.

Remember, If a person joins this lake, most likely I will run into you often out there. When that happens, I don't want ill feelings so I want everybody to have as much info as I do and I'm willing to take my personal time to do as much as I can to make that happen. I know when I finally got into the lake, I didn't have a 1/4 of the information that I've posted here.

Brett
Old 02-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

That's reasonable. I have spent $1,200 to $3000 on stocking my little puddles. If you guys need to borrow a fish hauler I have one that will hold 500 pounds of fish if you get some out of state and want to haul them back.
leeslake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2009, 07:48 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeslake
That's reasonable. I have spent $1,200 to $3000 on stocking my little puddles. If you guys need to borrow a fish hauler I have one that will hold 500 pounds of fish if you get some out of state and want to haul them back.
dang lee, you are a nice guy to everyone arent you....
Old 02-11-2009, 08:33 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeslake
Thanks for the information and offer. I will pass that along to the group that will be ordering and handling the fish. We will be getting the cold water fish locally in Berthoud and I think they have trucks and tanks to be able to deliver.

Brett
Old 02-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

Default Re: Private lake memberships available (special pricing for a limited time)

is there any swimming allowed. wife doesn't fish but does swim in lakes.

Kelly
Old 02-11-2009, 09:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

Default Re: Private lake memberships available (special pricing for a limited time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradojaguar
is there any swimming allowed. wife doesn't fish but does swim in lakes.

Kelly
Hi Kelly,
You can swim in the lake and many of us wade around and jump off the boat or something during the summer. Just keep in mind it is primarily a fishing, camping , hunting type lake but all the typical summer activities around water during the summer etc are allowed. floating on rubber rafts and tubes etc etc.

Brett
Old 02-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC04
I know this is not for everyone and please letís keep this civil.
The lake that where I am currently a member, is accepting applications for new members this year.

The lake is a little over 200 surface acres and about 45 feet deep at it deepest point when full. It is located located at 59th Street and Hygiene road between Longmont and Lyons.
There is easy access from Hwy 36 and Hwy 66.Itís called Foothills Fish and Game Club and has been around since the 1940ís.

It offers Fishing for Trout, Bass, Walleye, Crappie, Wiper, Perch, catfish and bluegill.

It is wake-less boating only. It does have a cement ramp and a boat dock.
There are covered picnic tables on concrete pads and open camping along the shoreline in both tents and RVís. There are no hookups.

Waterfowl hunting is allowed from your blind. ( No other type of hunting or shooting is permitted.)

The price for new members this year includes an initiation fee so the total is 1155.00
Next years dues will be in the 800.00 range for returning members.

EDIT. The board met last night and we decided to offer a special for new members!!! We are waving the initiation fee for 2009 for any new member that signs up before APRIL 15th!!!!) New price for new members is 770.00!!!!
Folks this is the time to get into a lake that will be nothing short of phenomenal very soon. We are running a special so we can get the monies allocated to be able to order fish for the stocking program we are planning. The fee to join this lake is now 770.00 exactly what existing members are paying !!! If you have been looking at a private lake membership, this simply can't be beat both in price and quality.

We met with the fish biologist that we have and plan on stocking plenty of forage, some brooders of walleye, large and small mouth bass. Catchable trout. We are also planning on stocking brooder perch and crappie as well as fingerling size of each. Catfish will also get some love and be stocked. We will get a good solid base this year and allow for 3 year classes of fish in the lake by this time next year, Then, we are off my friends!!! We are expecting to fill the membership and will start a waiting list which will remain in place for a very long time if history is any indication. so get in now while you can.

The reason we have openings this year is because the ditch company that controls the water in the lake, drained it to fix the outlet pipe leak. This fix is supposed to be completed soon and water will start to be let in. We have a fish Biologist as a member of the lake with access to local cold water fish and he has outlined a restocking plan for the next couple of years which should allow this to be a fantastic place to fish rather quickly.
As soon as we start getting water, we will be stocking catchable trout and shad. To allow for immediate fishing opportunities, then depending on the membership number (funding) we will start stocking the other species both in catchable and fry sizes.

During the draining, the membership has taken the opportunity to place and create structure in key areas which will just increase the speed at which it can become a great fishery again. Now is a great time to get the coordinates of the structure on a GPS

So, If you like a good place to camp that is close to home, friendly and courteous fisherman and families, and a great views in a relaxing environment this is your golden opportunity to join a lake that will once again become a great fishery and reach itís membership quota very rapidly.

Email me at [email protected] with any questions etc. I can meet you out thee and show you around as well if youíre interested.
Thanks,

Brett

Summer drawdown about 10 feet low in this pic

Water all around

Sunrise

So quick question am I paying for me and my boat and what is the rule with guest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in