Private lake memberships available (special pricing for a limited time) - Page 3 - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default Re: Private lake memberships available (special pricing for a limited time)

Hi,
The membership basically covers those that live within your household. Spouse, Kids etc. If you have a 35 year old child living in your home, that would not be covered under your membership if that person were to go out every time you did. We have several families with adult children that all have their own memberships.

The guest policy is really very liberal if followed to the letter. The bylaws basically state that a member can bring two guests as long as the member is with them. We have tried to stay away from mandating a certain number of guests allowed per member per year etc etc because then you have to have somebody manage and police that. It is a topic that comes up most every year and so far we have been able to stay away from having to manage the issue.

We would rather think of it this way, Treat the lake and other members as you would like to be treated. If a member brought 2 non members to the lake to hunt or fish every time they went out, it would not be fair to the paying members of the lake for a non paying member to have continual access to the same privileges that paying members are provided. You’re basically getting two or three memberships for the price of one in that case.

A couple of Scenarios.

Go hunting or fishing every weekend and take two friends with you for several visits in a row. Not fair to the rest of the members.

Go hunting or fishing every weekend and take your wife and teenager son fishing or hunting. Perfectly fine and encouraged.

Go hunting or fishing a few times a year and take a friend or two along is fine. For fishing, the limit is per card. Not per person.

As in life, anything in excess is probably not good and will eventually get questioned. Just treat it like you would like to be treated and you’ll be fine.

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2009, 03:06 PM   #22 (permalink)

Default Re: Private lake memberships available (special pricing for a limited time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC04
Hi,
The membership basically covers those that live within your household. Spouse, Kids etc. If you have a 35 year old child living in your home, that would not be covered under your membership if that person were to go out every time you did. We have several families with adult children that all have their own memberships.

The guest policy is really very liberal if followed to the letter. The bylaws basically state that a member can bring two guests as long as the member is with them. We have tried to stay away from mandating a certain number of guests allowed per member per year etc etc because then you have to have somebody manage and police that. It is a topic that comes up most every year and so far we have been able to stay away from having to manage the issue.

We would rather think of it this way, Treat the lake and other members as you would like to be treated. If a member brought 2 non members to the lake to hunt or fish every time they went out, it would not be fair to the paying members of the lake for a non paying member to have continual access to the same privileges that paying members are provided. You’re basically getting two or three memberships for the price of one in that case.

A couple of Scenarios.

Go hunting or fishing every weekend and take two friends with you for several visits in a row. Not fair to the rest of the members.

Go hunting or fishing every weekend and take your wife and teenager son fishing or hunting. Perfectly fine and encouraged.

Go hunting or fishing a few times a year and take a friend or two along is fine. For fishing, the limit is per card. Not per person.

As in life, anything in excess is probably not good and will eventually get questioned. Just treat it like you would like to be treated and you’ll be fine.

Hmmm so where would co owners of the baot fall into. We dont live in the same household but we both paid for the boat. Lets say he would be the only one going with me everytime I did go , do you think they would see a problem with that.

Also any link for this , Id like to pass the info on to my buddy. You can PM if you would like.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #23 (permalink)

If your buddy would be utilizing the lake in the manner which you describe, He would need to purchase a membership as well.

If you like, I can email you the bylaws. please send me the email address.
thanks

Brett
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #24 (permalink)

Huh, I dont see how taking a buddy would be any different than your family. I mean even if you have a kid thats grown up and he/she is your fishing buddy, you just deny them access even after you pay your membership dues. I dont agree with that, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. That may be a reason why you're hurting for membership. JMO
Old 02-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC04
If your buddy would  be utilizing the lake in the manner which you describe, He would need to purchase a membership as well.

If you like, I can email  you the bylaws. please send me the email address.
thanks

Brett
Would it be OK if it were a different friend each time?? 

Wouldn't he only need to purchase a separate membership if they wanted to keep more than 1 members limit? (BTW, What is 1 members limit)

Is there a limit to the boat motor size?

Do you allow Jet Skiers? Pleasure Boaters?

Do you guys do Zebra Mussel Checks?

Is there certain access hours or is it 24x7?

These last 2 may bring more members with all the boating regs. that may take place.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

Sorry Guys. I was incorrect in my earlier post.
I am in a meeting at work and trying to type the responses.. I should have just waited to better explain the thoughts behind my responses.
Excerpts from the bylaws which I will email to anybody that would like them.

Highhook. – Following the strict wording of the bylaws, your friend can accompany you when you visit the lake. He has to be with you as a card carrying member and the fish limit is per card.

Section 3. All members shall be allowed to take two (2) guests per membership card to the reservoir, but he must accompany and assume responsibility for the same. (If more than two guests, the Secretary must be notified).

Section 9. Membership card or key cannot be loaned or given to anyone to use at the lake, except the unmarried immediate family member that lives at the member’s residence. Immediate family not accompanied by the member must have signed authorization, (1986), and correct key number, and cardholder’s card in possession. (3-31-90). No more than two (2) guests per card at that time.

It’s really pretty simple, treat others as you would like to be treated. In the past we have had people brings guests with campers multiple times and the friends invite friends and take up all of the camping areas which is not fair to the paying members.

Brett
Old 02-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

Would it be OK if it were a different friend each time??
Yes

Wouldn't he only need to purchase a separate membership if they wanted to keep more than 1 members limit? (BTW, What is 1 members limit)
yes

Due to the fact that we are going to try and bring the fish population back up, the limit will be 2 trout per card. Everything else will be released.

Is there a limit to the boat motor size?
No motor size restrictions- The lake is wakeless speed only

Do you allow Jet Skiers? Pleasure Boaters?
no jet skis unless you putt around, Again, wakeless speed only

Do you guys do Zebra Mussel Checks?
No checks for Zebra mussels

Is there certain access hours or is it 24x7?
24X7

These last 2 may bring more members with all the boating regs. that may take place.

[/quote]
Old 02-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

FYI, the board will host an open house this Saturday from 10-2. Come on out and ask your questions of the board members and take a look at the lake while your there.

I will only be available for part of the time that day but the president and other board members will be there to answer your questions. They will have coffee and donuts

PM me your email address and I will send the bylaws out for you to review.

Thanks
Brett
Old 02-19-2009, 11:58 AM   #29 (permalink)

Hello,

What is the maximum number of members? Just curious how crowded the lake gets.

I live about 5 minutes from the lake and just completed a wetland restoration project in site of the lake.

Thanks
wildman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #30 (permalink)

Hi, we have a cap of 85 members. The lake is typically not crowded at all. The major holidays will see more people typically but most weekends are really pretty quiet.

Come on out Saturday from 1-2 and meet some of the members and discuss the lake particuars

Brett

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in