Pay it forward...hopefully someone with kids just into fishing that may not - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Pay it forward...hopefully someone with kids just into fishing that may not

have a lot of money...I cleaned my garage and went through old fishing stuff...I have a bin that I am willing to give away to anyone that wants to come and get it...I live in Highlands Ranch...too heavy to ship...there is a little bit of everything...a bunch of old spinning reels, a few spincast push button reels, some spools of line, 1 tackle box with some lures, hooks, weights, jigs, spinners, spoons, plastics, another bag of plastic baits, some bobbers, a couple of small plastics lure satchels, a tackle bag, a minnow bucket, a couple of unused fishing hats (Eagle Claw), a scale for weighing, tape measure, hook remover, etc.

ALL FOR FREE...you can throw away what you dont want or use...I would prefer that a kid new to fishing with limited resources gets it...I would like to say first come first serve which it will be unless I get a compelling PM for a good kid candidate to give it to...which in my mind will supercede the first come first serve idea...basically it is everything in the picture below and I have a plastic bin to put it all in...

So PM me...

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Pay it forward...hopefully someone with kids just into fishing that may not

i'll take the shoreland'r... j/k
good on ya Z
Old 06-20-2009, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to fishingkats
Default Re: Pay it forward...hopefully someone with kids just into fishing that may not

if i lived closer to you i would come and get it

i have been going through all my stuff and giving to the kids that live next door to me

its been real fun getting them into fishing

i just wish that i had more money to buy them some starter stuff

dow pretty much told me no when i asked if i could have a few poles to give to these kids

so i have been looking and looking

i took these kids one by one out on my little boat
i think i got them hooked on fishing for good

i cant move my boat now with out one running outside to ask if were going fishing

i love getting kids into fishing
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

maybe we can work out a relay to get it down to kats... i'll take from cs down to p-lo... or trinidad if you can wait till the cwa turny next month...
Old 06-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Does the "De-liar" work? I know a couple of folks that could use one (and yes, I already have one....and leave it at home every trip)
xxxxxThat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thats a great idea Bigun...if we can work out a relay...

And if not there maybe someone else in need...

I may do more digging later...I might have some rods too...
Old 06-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

i have a couple of rods and reels that i will give and if kats could meet me in rockyford i will take them that far
Old 06-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

better yet Mark why dont you come down for a day of fishing with me so you can teach me how to catch a wiper, and bring it with you
Old 06-21-2009, 12:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

That's more stuff than some people have in their whole collection! Good karma ticket there z. Might I suggest.............splitting the stuff into 2 or 3 separate but "equal" piles and helping more than one party...........lotta stuff there.

BTW............I know a guy with a boat and no trailer............so if ItsaBigun doesn't take the trailer.........I will.
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2009, 12:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to fishingkats

ok

hey i will take any help that i can get for these kids

i keep forgetting how nice most of you guys are on here

thanks for any of your help

my wife is heading to denver next week to get the mother in law so she can spend a week with us

if you can meet with my wife and two boys on there drive up that way it would be real cool

thanks guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in