Need snowblower mechanic - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need snowblower mechanic

I need to hire a mechanic with a snowblower problem I'm having. It's a John Deere 1032 and I'm having carb problems. It's running, just not very well. I have to have the choke on either full or half, otherwise it dies.
I've messed with some of the obvious things and still am having no luck. I can always take it to the Deere repair in Parker, I just thought I'd hire someone from the forum to give them the work first.
I live near Belleview and Sims.
Thanks,
Chris
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Need snowblower mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice fisher
I need to hire a mechanic with a snowblower problem I'm having. It's a John Deere 1032 and I'm having carb problems. It's running, just not very well. I have to have the choke on either full or half, otherwise it dies.
I've messed with some of the obvious things and still am having no luck. I can always take it to the Deere repair in Parker, I just thought I'd hire someone from the forum to give them the work first.
I live near Belleview and Sims.
Thanks,
Chris
I bet a good cleaning of the carb would fix that issue!! In my experience with my motorcycle doing a very similar thing.. Taking apart the carb completely and spraying it out with carb cleaner and putting it back together always resolves the issue for me!! When you clean it you prob. wont actually see anything dirty... but it is small particles.

Just remember on the screws(Idle, Air/Fuel) to count how many turns out they are set to so when you put it back together you can set them exactly how they were.(I assume it use to run fine with the current settings?)

And if you need to replace the gaskets or anything they usually dont cost more than a few $$ And i bet with a little Google research you can find a diagram that breaks down every piece of the carb.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/c...ageServlet_Alt

Advertisement

Old 12-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Complete carb rebuild kit: $9.48

http://www.bizrate.com/garden-tools/...etor+kits.html

Old 12-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ice fisher, did you drain all the gas out last spring and put brand new gas in this winter? Most of the problems with seasonal equipment comes from old gas. If that is not a problem then you do need to clean the carbs. I'm off Bowles and Simms so we are neighbors and I'd look at it for you, but I'm not a profesional, just get lucky sometimes. Let me know.
fishinlooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

Theres also a John Deere shop in Lakewood if you have to take it somewhere, pretty sure its called Four Seasons. I have allot of small 2 cycle stuff for my business and I had good luck with a product called Tune-Up in the can, just remove the plug spray the stuff in for 15 sec pull the cord about 5 times then let it sit for 20 mins. Seemed to clean it out pretty good and the product was about $4 a can.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2009, 07:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thats a interesting picture rvinson, it's the same carb on my toro 521, which has a 5hp Tecumsah engine.
craigknws2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Whatever you do don't call Joe Sakic!

J/K I really appreciate #19
Old 12-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Just a quick update: I took Trout's advice and bought Tune Up in a bottle, Lucas makes it and I found it at Advance Auto.
I also cleaned the carbs and made more adjustments and it's running really well. I also put the Lucas product in the gas tanks of the snowmobile and ice auger, they are now running much better also.
Thanks for your help everyone, this forum and the help you can get is awesome!!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice fisher
Just a quick update: I took Trout's advice and bought Tune Up in a bottle, Lucas makes it and I found it at Advance Auto.
I also cleaned the carbs and made more adjustments and it's running really well. I also put the Lucas product in the gas tanks of the snowmobile and ice auger, they are now running much better also.
Thanks for your help everyone, this forum and the help you can get is awesome!!
NICE!! Just glad it is back up and working Time to put it to use!!

Once you pulled the carb apart and cleaned it i bet you realized that there is actually not that much to a carb :/ They can be a major PITA though!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in