Get out of your canoe! Aluminum boat, motors, trailer - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Get out of your canoe! Aluminum boat, motors, trailer

18 foot Aluminum boat, and heavy duty Shorelander trailer.

The boat is a 1957 Lone Star, riveted aluminum Deep V. Painted white, a few chips and scratches. Vintage lines make this a cool looking old boat. No windshield, closed bow, top deck is covered in marine grade light blue indoor outdoor carpet. Wiring was updated by the previous owner and he did a nice job.

The 1959 35HP Evinrude that came with it is available also, ran fine last summer. We can fire it up if you want, was serviced and should run fine but I'm not lifting that baby by myself again if I can help it! 2 stroke (25/1). All the original style steering wheel, cables etc. are in place. The tag says this boat is rated for 5 people, 50 HP motor. There are three benches for storage and three fold down boat seats. Some of the grey upholstery is cracked in spots. Wooden transom is in good shape. A folding mount for trolling motor is in place. Blue Pauls Custom Canvas bimini top. I didn't have the heart to do it but if you wanted to you could open up the closed bow with a jigsaw and make it into a bass boat style fishing deck pretty easily. I can throw in an eagle fishfinder. Also have an extra lower unit for the Evinrude, and a 25 HP Evinrude of the same era for parts, or as a backup motor. I'm told it's is a good motor, needs a coil.

Trailer is heavy duty, probably originally set up for an inboard/outboard, with floating rollers in the back and bunk boards up front. One axle with 15 inch wheels. It's overkill for this little boat but works fine and I would consider selling them separately.

I'm in the DU/Wash Park area. I'm motivated to sell this stuff. I'll consider any reasonable offers or trades. (303) 898-6369.
albow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Get out of your canoe! Aluminum boat, motors, trailer

I've been thinking about upgrading my 14' - 1955 Lonestar... Man, I could go bigger, newer and up the HP! I better just keep the "Green Piece" and keep dreaming of a new boat!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in