Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Kind of interesting tonight...Bernie was asked about auger hole size tonight...

View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Zman

Default Re: Kind of interesting tonight...Bernie was asked about auger hole size tonight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiehughes
i used to use an 8 inch now i have 2 10 inch augers, i wont go back.. so much better for sight fishing, and yes i stepped in some holes last year too, but if i had been watching where i was going.....
Sometimes watching where youre going has nothing to do with it...Jamie remmeber the contest about 5 years ago on John...where it was really warm...heavy snow on the ice making for slush...and then we got 4 or 6 inches of snow overnight and wind...lots of people packed up and left the south end...it was mine field...you had no idea where holes were...it taught me to have a collapsable walking stick to poke in front of me when those conditions happen...two of the fours of us stepped in them that day...we decided it wasnt worth it and walked off...two were pretty wet any way...

» Forum Search
» Insurance