Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

kids winter socks

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  coloradojaguar 
#1 ·
does anyone know were to get some. my son is a size 4 and hes good to go as long as his feet are warm. they get cold and its time to come home.

Kelly

#9 ·
well i had a thought, mabey its the pos boots that my wife insists on buying because they will out grow them by next year. went to SA and they had some sorels, bought them, he put on two pairs of regular socks and was complaing that his feet were sweating all day. works for me

Kelly

#10 ·
How old is your son, coloradojaguar? I know our 'all purpose hunting socks' go down to a size small, which is like a ladies 4-6, which is too small for me. They're a 80%Merino/18%Stretch Nylon/2% Spandex. Pretty warm - would benefit from liners, and also depends on how well insulated his boots are too. Check 'em out here http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_34713_500008002_500000000_500008000_500-8-2?ordProd=Y&CMID=TOP_selectitems#itemDetail

I wear them under my hikers, under my waders, and occasionally under my boots. Also, check out the link for the Tree Stand Socks - they don't go smaller than a men's medium, which might still be a bit large for the kid... but you know how kids just keep on growing!!! ;)

#11 ·
Mckaden is only 5 and it was pretty nice on Evergreen today though we did have a little squal come in for about an hour but he was all good with it I think it was mostly the cheap boots he was using. Nsancy tried to find you on saturday ( yea right in that zoo) but to no avail. found another use for my shelter ski sled SLEDDING kick in the but and fast

Kelly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.