Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Glendo walleye trip!!

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
GrnMtn Eye Chaser

Default Re: Glendo walleye trip!!

Mike at the Trading Post on Main Street (not Howards by I-25, they are rude and suck IMO) has minnows, snacks, etc and is a great guy. Most people walk on from Reno Cove and go across to the east side - expect open water around the sheet of ice, so take a plank or ladder you can drop onto the ice for access. Whiskey boat ramp is another popular place to enter the lake. I haven't been up for a couple weeks, so I'm not sure how the ice is but as Neal said, be careful - icing glendo ain't like strolling out on Georgetown, there are always thin places and be especially careful around the edges. You can get an atv on, but I always feel better on foot at that place - in fact, I don't take my kids or wife there for ice, it's a little hardcore for them - so be careful, be prepared and don't fish alone. I don't usually camp during winter so not lots of help there (I like to stay at the Lakeview Inn or commute from the in-laws place in Cheyenne), but there is lots of camping around Glendo. You'll be fine if you are self contained or at least be prepared for primitive conditions as most things are shut down for the winter. Fishing has been slower than usual for most this year. Good luck and have fun.
GrnMtn Eye Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance