Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Since we're on a Baitcasting rolllllllll

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  denverbassman 
#1 ·
Since we're on a Baitcasting rollllllll, what do you all thing is the best baitcaster on the market? Definately in the market to buy, but unsure of which one.
Thanks for the input,
catfish_al

#4 ·
catfish_al said:
k0diak said:
Shimano Curado E.

Best bang for the buck!
Thanks KOdiak, can always count on you for help. By the way, don't you ever sleep, or do you keep the same hours that I do?
:D I don't sleep that much...but i do have a 9 month old who is teething. That keeps daddy up a lot during the night. :D

Those Curado's are awesome reels man. Smooth reel that's really balanced! Try them out at a local Tackle shop! :)

#5 ·
k0diak said:
Shimano Curado E.

Best bang for the buck!
Hey KOdiak, took a quick look at Cabelas and love the look and write up on this reel. Next question, what size would work the best.
Hope that baby is dreaming of fishing someday.
Time to go back to work.
Al

#6 ·
catfish_al said:
k0diak said:
Shimano Curado E.

Best bang for the buck!
Hey KOdiak, took a quick look at Cabelas and love the look and write up on this reel. Next question, what size would work the best.
Hope that baby is dreaming of fishing someday.
Time to go back to work.
Al
Go with the 200 series. Great line capacity for the size. It fits really nice in the hand too. :) If you get a chance come by Gander in Aurora this coming week. I would be happy to show ya some different features on several reels we have! Send me a message and let me know!

#9 ·
Well, I think it's time to get into one of these threads. I have never really used a baitcaster and would like to try one out, but I don't want to spend a bunch of money to try something I may or may not like. Can somebody recommend a fairly cheap setup so I can just try this out? Mostly I want to use it for bass fishing and mostly I catch fairly small bass, if that helps with a recommendation. Thanks!

#11 ·
I have to agree on the pinnacle for a budget brand. I have one on a decent ABU rod, I think I am in for around 110.00 on that setup, 60 for the reel and 50 for the rod. I like it. I have little experience with baitcasters, and it fit my needs well this summer as an entry level rig. It did also leave a taste for it in my mouth, and a curado or revo is on the list of things to pick up this summer. I have also cast the quantum energy line, and they are a great reel in the higher end market (IMO).

I was also at gander in thornton last week, and noticed they have a ton of combos on sale ranging from 39.99-149.99 including some bigger ticket brands that look like good deals. I think a 70 or 80 dollar combo regardless of brand would be a good way to see if it is something you like, and if it is one of the upper end combos, it would probably be not too hard to get rid of it in the for sale forum for close to what you paid if you didn't like it.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.