Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Can you build a Ice Hut For Colorado fishermen Like me?

View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
born2fsh

Default Re: Can you build a Ice Hut For Colorado fishermen Like me?

I have had one of the Cabelas huts, it is O.K., but the wind will rip it up. It's happened to me.
I have a couple of eskimos, the Traveler and Grand Caravan, but the ones that I have built myself have been the most solid and best in the wind, the only down fall is they are heavy, you need two people and good sled.
I found free plans, same design as the ones I have built, use them for a guideline and customize to what ever size you want. I have built 2, 4'x8' and 1, 4'x6'. The 4x6 was nice, a little cramped for two, but much easier to handle. If I was to build another the floor dimensions would be 3'10"x7'10", this would make it much easier to get in and out of the truck.
Take a look at these plans. http://www.fishontario.com , click on Ice Fish Ontario and look at the How to Built a Hut article. Take Care
born2fsh is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance