Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Swimbait help!!!

View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
The_Mad_Catter

Default Re: Swimbait help!!!

If you are into the soft swimbaits heres my top picks. I like the Yum Money minnows and the Berkley hallow bodies (prefered). My favorite rig is with the Strike King tour grade shaky. You can split the belly and fish with the head concealed and it is virtulay weedless. If fish are suspended or not willing to take to the shakey I switch to the Gama swimbait hooks, BPS vertical drop hooks, any type of swimbait hook with an underspin, and finally a Blade Runner underspin. With everything mentioned you can fish those baits with many different retrieves with confidence. Basstrix look good on chomper shakys and dropshotted. Dont forget the shadalicious swimbaits either(try the sexy shad)

You can also try a 5/0 EWG with some lead insert weights and a rattle. Do everything you can to imitate a dying fish with erratic twiches and fast retrieves with sudden stops. Give them time and you will really start to like swimbaits a lot!

The rig is important. Make sure your bait is swimming perfectly straight. If all else fails though tweak your setup and make the bait swim on its side and rip it just under the surface, fast and jerky. Hold on tight

» Forum Search
» Insurance