Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Blade Dancer?

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  scorpion_bsk 
G
#1 ·
Any experiences with this new Berkley Blade Dancer? I've yet to buy any to try, I guess I've not heard of anyone talking about them like they're the best thing since sliced bread so I've been reluctant to try them.

They look interesting.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a couple, (my girlfriend thought they were cute) I have yet to catch anything on them. Got them at the end of the summer last year so we'll see if they do better in mid summer.

#3 ·
Bout some last year and gave em a whirl. Caught a single smallie on one.

The action isn't bad and you can get it to move in a bunch of different ways depending on how you fish it.

#6 ·
I bought two different sizes last summer and fished them off and on, just whenever I happened to be looking into the tackle box to see what to try next.

So far I have never succeeded in getting a fish to even look at one of these things. Not even when they were hitting everything else in the box. I've tried steady retrieves fast and slow, I've tried bouncing them in like a jig. Now I'm going to try leaving them in the tackle box.

They really look good, swimming in the water. You'd think they should work.

G
#8 ·
I've noticed that none of the pros are using them, or if they're using them they're not mentioning it. Of course good ole Al (Linder) is promoting them so they must be good. Oh yeah I forgot, the Linders only fish virgin Canadian water where a bare gold hook catches trophy fish.

There goes that theory.

#9 ·
Berkley does some very agressive marketing on many of their products-whether they work or not. Many of their offerings are overpriced IMO-take the gulp line of soft plastics for instance. I like their rods (the IM-7 pro series models) but many of their lures are just hype.

#11 ·
They have one ad where they talk about how a fish will hold onto their bait 18 times longer than an unscented bait and 3 times longer than competitors. Where do I sign up? ::)

#12 ·
one of the only people I've really seen on this forum that have had any luck with the blade dancer is Scorpian. I have one of the smaller sized ones but haven't gotten anything on them yet. I might get one of the larger sized ones but I'm not sure yet. Still skeptical.

#14 ·
I hane tried them a bunch of times and the only place that I have caught fish on one is lake powell and that was only one fish. I think they look good in the water but like WE said the fish don't like um

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.