Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Flies on jighead's???

View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
fishingal

Default Re: Flies on jighead's???

A wickedly killer fly tied on a jig hook is the Hairy Fodder, by Craig Riendau. Rainy's picked them up a few years ago - excellent as a bass catcher, also thrown as a trout streamer, mighty fine for big fish!

Tied on a jig hook, the Eagle Claw 410, the original pattern is designed so the eyes can be swapped out - great idea for tailwater fishing when you don't know how much the flow will be.

I've tied these up without the interchangeable eyes (just tied em on like on clousers), and can definitely chuck them with a spin rod quite some distance.

I'm a huge fan of the 'naturally weedless' behavior of jigs, as the hook rides with the tip up. Am working on some for salmon in obnoxious colorways - some places we fish need a lot of weight on or near the hook just to get down to where the fish are.

I'm a huge fan of the shaped and painted 'minnow head' jigs available for walleye and bass fishing - they just cry out for a fine dressing of fur, hair, feathers and flash...

FishinGal
Got Fish?
More importantly, SET THE HOOK!

I still say he married me because he took me ice fishing and I still wanted to go fishing with him again!
fishingal is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance