Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - For those that might wnat to contribute....

View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
fishingal

Default Re: For those that might wnat to contribute....

Bit o' wisdom - i've been wondering for years how to get a buddy in a chair out on the ice in an ice house. I have recently purchased a Clam Twin Hub II and it pitches like a regular tent with 'hub' type sides, but has a full length zip down door on one side - i.e. ROLL RIGHT IN THERE. 7'x7' footprint with roomy sides. Looks like this:

And it's super roomy inside. I had room for me a sled, a heater, and plenty of room to fish. Gets freekin warm in there too.

Weighs about 15# in a bag and not hard to deploy with an able bodied friend. I can do it myself too and I'm by far no athlete either. I use a drill with the anchor inserter tool Clam sells to put the ice anchors in.

That's awesome that people still want to try... after seeing that sick tank-tread electric chair Tred Barta uses, just go ahead and tell me where folks in chairs can't go these days... more power to 'em.

FishinGal
Got Fish?
More importantly, SET THE HOOK!

I still say he married me because he took me ice fishing and I still wanted to go fishing with him again!
fishingal is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance