Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Fishful Thinker - - - New episodes start tomorrow

View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
fishfulthinker

Default Re: Fishful Thinker - - - New episodes start tomorrow

For those that watched it...thank you. This show was indeed a departure from what we normally do on FTTV, and from the response I've received, we won't stray again. Education is the cornerstone of all things Fishful and this show did not include much of it. You want the truth? Nate, Terry, Bernie and I fished for 4 hours and that is about all we could catch...most likely because we were having too much fun messing around, reminiscing, and sabotaging each other. At least Nate had a handle on the "lesser perch"; Terry got two, Bernie and I blanked (although I had an MRT at the hole but failed to land him...so there, Bernie!).

It started out to be a story about my education as an ice rookie, how these guys all taught me and what viewers could learn from that, but it quickly deteriorated into shenanigans because it was the first time we all fished together. With close friends like the four of us are, it was a rare treat and catching fish was not as high on the priority list as it perhaps should have been.

I guess the real education here is that fishing is supposed to be fun, and we had fun...lots of fun...chasing tiny little perch in crappy weather.

If you want to give FTTV another chance, the next show is back to our normal gig of education...this time it's about choosing and using electronics. Dan Swanson is the guest. Thanks for your honest feedback, and please do email show ideas as the good FishDr suggested. CL

» Forum Search
» Insurance