Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Larimer County Annual Boat Permits

View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
FishDr

Default Re: Larimer County Annual Boat Permits

You know, it might be worth taking the time to write the head of Larimer County parks to ask them a couple of things.

First, you could ask them why the cost of boat permits has not gone down, yet the nominal boating season has been shortened from year-round (assuming the lakes were not frozen) to the more restricted one that now exists. I'd suggest even including a cost-per-month breakdown so that you can show that with the more expensive permits and the shortened season, the cost has increased substantially.

Next, you could ask them where the revenue from the increased costs is being spent, especially during the off-season months when there are not boats allowed on the lakes.

Finally, you might ask them if they have considered pro-rating their permits to reflect the shortened boating season, and if not, why.

I personally have already bought my LC permit, but since I typically fish from shore, I don't buy a boating permit (don't have a boat, either), so my ability to access the lakes has not been affected, and I'm still getting my money's worth. However, if I were a boater, I would be interested in hearing why the seasons have been reduced yet the permit costs have not.

One interesting bit of information some of you may not have come across: Larimer County Parks are currently conducting a survey about their permit process. You can see/take the survey here - unfortunately, they do not include a section for additional comments.
FishDr is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance