Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Carp Fishing Advice...lol

View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
fish fetish

Default Re: Carp Fishing Advice...lol

Corn is absolutely legal to use for bait in Colorado- show me the regs. that state it's not. Chumming however is not legal, so you will have to rely on a few kernels on a hook. I prefer green giant extra sweet niblets or steam crisp super sweet yellow & white. Try & target areas with high carp populations, trout really love corn as well & tend to swallow the hook. I have seen bass, bluegill, crappie, bullhead, sheephead, trout, & pike (yes pike- my friend caught a 16" & 18" pike- wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't there)caught on canned corn. I have a theory every living thing likes corn, especially after my wife videos our 3 month old kitten eating corn right off the cob, no salt or butter or seasoning of any kind. Dough- baits with strawberry jello work as well, but again, expect to slaughter mucho trout. Crayfish work well at times too, I insert the hook (# 4 or 6 baitholder) through the thorax or tail and smash the head with a rock to get a little scent in the water. Good luck, hope you get into some!
fish fetish is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance