Yvette's Birthday - Page 2 - Colorado Fishing Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,176
Default

Ricky, is Grasshopper point below the bridge on the way up Oak Creek Canyon? I haven't been to the Havasupai Indian Reservation. Batman had mentioned it to me before and after checking it out, it looks like a really cool place.

Man, there's so much to see and do and so little time. And then it seems that if and when you finally get to a point in life where you can do some of those things on a regular basis..you're to old to be able to do them anymore.
hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
JWurgaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,897
Default

Hobie remind me about that staircase. I know I've heard of it before , definitely ringing a bell but I can't exactly remember the story. ..
__________________
"Rest comes easy to the guiltless"
-Randy Blythe
JWurgaft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2014, 11:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,176
Default

Probably old hat to you Ricky, having lived in Arizona and so close to Sedona. We also checked out Jerome. Pretty cool place and Yvette really loved the cactus...everything was blooming.





I have no idea what this is..?

hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWurgaft View Post
Hobie remind me about that staircase. I know I've heard of it before , definitely ringing a bell but I can't exactly remember the story. ..

Here's the story Jevon. Pretty interesting.

http://www.lorettochapel.com/staircase.html
hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rvinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobiecat View Post
Ricky, is Grasshopper point below the bridge on the way up Oak Creek Canyon? I haven't been to the Havasupai Indian Reservation. Batman had mentioned it to me before and after checking it out, it looks like a really cool place.

Man, there's so much to see and do and so little time. And then it seems that if and when you finally get to a point in life where you can do some of those things on a regular basis..you're to old to be able to do them anymore.
Grasshopper point is a couple miles from town(Sedona)up 89a on the right hand side. (34.887418,-111.731327) It's about a mile or so after that bridge.

Havasupai is AWESOME!! I have been there.... Well not really sure exactly how many times i have been.. myabe 10 or so.. Even went twice in the same year once. There was a really big flood down there like 5 years ago that changed almost all the falls so it's almost like a new place!

I did post a thread last time i went back in 2011... But looks like the pictures arent working anymore

https://www.coloradofisherman.com/for...n-arizona.html
__________________
One planet, one experiment. - Edward O. Wilson
rvinson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rvinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobiecat View Post
Probably old hat to you Ricky, having lived in Arizona and so close to Sedona. We also checked out Jerome. Pretty cool place and Yvette really loved the cactus...everything was blooming.





I have no idea what this is..?

Yep... been to Jerome a few times as well... Spent a couple years living in Prescott and it's just over the hill.(or mountain as they call it in AZ LMAO) I heard up on mingus mountain you can paraglide all the way to new mexico!!


That plant.. We always called them century plants... But technically it;s an Agave plant.... The Native Americans in AZ would harvest them(Not 100% sure what part) and then somehow using a huge bon fire they extracted or did soemthing to get sugar. the plants live like 30 years before they bloom that beautiful stock of flowers... then they die.
__________________
One planet, one experiment. - Edward O. Wilson

Last edited by rvinson; 05-21-2014 at 11:58 AM.
rvinson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,176
Default

Thanks for the info on the Cactus. They were really cool. Yvette wants to get down near Tucson some time to ride through the Seguaro's. Even without the pics on your trip report, it sounds like it would really be a kick to combine it with a trip to Havasupai.
hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,944
Default

Very nice sir.
__________________
hooknline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rvinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobiecat View Post
Thanks for the info on the Cactus. They were really cool. Yvette wants to get down near Tucson some time to ride through the Seguaro's. Even without the pics on your trip report, it sounds like it would really be a kick to combine it with a trip to Havasupai.
Dont know how much of AZ you have explored.. but you dont need to go all the way to Tucson to see the Seguaro's.. They actually start about 50 miles N. of Phoenix and go all the way south... Kinda wierd.. There are NONE.. then all the sudden there is thousands!! Almost like there is an invisible line they cant cross.(Prob. has to do with altitude or something I would guess)

I cant speak highly enough about Havasupai!! However it gets more and more crowded and commercialized everytime i go The 1st time i went back in like 1998 ish... I had never even heard of the place(Even though i lived in AZ almost all my life!!) but now days I see pictures of the falls on magazines in the chechout line at king soopers!!


EDIT: Wanted to say that i was also at havasupai when they were filming the movie "Next" with Nicolas Cage and Jessica Biel... Funny thing is.. If you watch the movie they make it look like havasu Falls is just a short walk when it is really over 10 miles LMAO.
__________________
One planet, one experiment. - Edward O. Wilson
rvinson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2014, 01:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 11,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvinson View Post
Dont know how much of AZ you have explored.. but you dont need to go all the way to Tucson to see the Seguaro's.. They actually start about 50 miles N. of Phoenix and go all the way south... Kinda wierd.. There are NONE.. then all the sudden there is thousands!! Almost like there is an invisible line they cant cross.(Prob. has to do with altitude or something I would guess)
Not too much Ricky. Just the Flagstaff area, Monument Valley, and now Sedona. If I would have known that, I would have driven her down to get her cactus fix...
hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Birthday present to myself... d2theawson Colorado Fishing Lounge 8 07-27-2010 02:29 PM
fishfeaks birthday fishfreak72880 Colorado Fishing Lounge 10 07-29-2005 10:26 PM

» Forum Search
» Insurance
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL3
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.