Fishing north of Seattle? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2015, 09:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fishing north of Seattle?

I have some business to take care of in Seattle the first weekend of Oct. I can stay an extra day and fish if I choose... I would be staying about 50 miles north of Seattle by the Navy base. Anyone know how the fishing is around there? Is the time of my trip a good time? I am on the fence as to what I am gonna do.

thanks in advance for any advice.
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2015, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'd look into a guided trip on one of the rivers for silvers, especially the Snohomish river. It's a pink year as well so the rivers should be loaded with pinks, but they will probably be starting to turn by then.... Which Navy base?
Jetjockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2015, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Well, My niece is stationed there...she called it Nas whidbey island.
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2015, 10:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyey View Post
Well, My niece is stationed there...she called it Nas whidbey island.
You will be on the island. That kind of changes everything unless your willing to drive a little. Google Three Rivers Marine and a tackle in Woodinville WA and talk to them. They have a pretty good Pro Staff and should be able to put you on fish. Most everyone will be fishing silvers and pinks at that time.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

I agree with Jet about the pinks. What I have read is that the run ends mid Oct. I'll find the article in American Angler and give you what info they had for rivers, shops and gear.

PS

How was your trip last weekend?

S. Sadil
CF LURKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2015, 11:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the info Jet...

CF, It was great... basically fished 2 days at 11 mile and I boated 8 fish... nothing huge, with the biggest being 35". We were a little early (2 weeks ago). Water was still 65+ degrees.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

J, I have fished out of Anacortes a few times. You are probably a little early for Salmon. You may be a able to get into some see run cuts, one of my favorites! You also may be able to fish for lingcod this time of year. Let me know if you want a Guide recommendation.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorelips View Post
J, I have fished out of Anacortes a few times. You are probably a little early for Salmon. You may be a able to get into some see run cuts, one of my favorites! You also may be able to fish for lingcod this time of year. Let me know if you want a Guide recommendation.
It's the middle to the tail end of salmon season in the Puget Sound are. Most of the Kings are in the tributaries already. The silvers are just pushing into the rivers, but they do seem a little late this year however. Pinks will be everywhere, but probably not very good to eat. Silvers on the coast are HOT however. But that's a 4-5hr drive to fish Willipa, Greys harbor, or Bouy-10. Luckily silvers linger a while so there should be some decent fishing into early November. This might help you out as well Oyey.

http://whidbeycamanoislands.com/thin...ming-crabbing/

Last edited by Jetjockey; 09-15-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

Oyey, if you've never been up in that part of the country, I'd skip fishing and just go check out Whidbey Island. Start up on the North end at Deception Pass and just wind your way south checking out any and all beaches and scenic areas. There are SOOOOOO many up there. I grew up in Seattle and Moms idea of a perfect weekend was hitting the beaches of Whidbey or the Olympic coast. End up on the south end of the island and catch a ferry over to Edmonds and enjoy one of the coolest little towns on Puget Sound. Give me a shout if you need other ideas. There is always a charter boat for salmon or bottom fish if you MUST fish.
fishinlooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2015, 07:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

Bottom fishing is like craneing up cinder blocks with a winch. More fun than beating off but not much.

Just grab a medium heavy rod with 30lb braid and a few kastys and spoons. Find some riffles and you will catch salmon-
slayerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in