Kalispell MT - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Kalispell MT

Hey everyone,
I'm going to Kalispell MT for a week starting on the 17th and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for places to fish while I'm there. Due to time constraints, I guess I would be looking mainly for places to flyfish in the evenings close to town, preferably wading spots on a river since I'm not dragging a boat. I know Flathead lake is close too and I'm not ruling that or other lakes out. Any suggestions or not to miss opportunities would be greatly appreciated. Bigger fish would be the target since I get my fill of 12-14" rainbows here in Colorado. Thanks for any help or advice.
carroth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2016, 04:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
P I K E

Close to Kalispell you are best to stick with the Flathead River. You also have Hungry Horse Reservoir to the northeast, up hwy 2 and over to the east. Here is the link to the FWP site...

http://fwp.mt.gov/fishing/
Old 07-13-2016, 10:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Pikester, I appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2016, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
P I K E

NP...Have fun and expecting a report!!!
Old 08-04-2016, 09:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Kalispell report

Hey,
Sorry I've been back for a couple weeks but had to go to Louisiana last weekend. As for Kalispell it turned out to be a recon mission. Too busy to wet a line but did manage to drive Glacier (amazing) and see the Flathead and middle/South forks which look manageable by foot. The road which goes along the North Fork will be on the agenda when I go up there again. The main flathead is huge and would be tough on foot unless I knew some exact access spots. Lots of drift boats/rafts up there so maybe a rental next time. Flathead lake is enormous and lots of big lakers on the tourist propaganda. Stillwater creek which flows right through Kalispell is rumored to have lots of pike but really brushy and not sure how to access without a boat. Anyway, it looks like I'll probably be back up there hopefully before the snow flies and I hope to get some fishing in then. I'll report if it happens.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in