Oklahoma fishing - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2013, 07:59 PM  

Default Oklahoma fishing

Went back to my home state and had a chance to fish a couple of my favorite lakes, Kaw and Sooner. The 1st trip was to Kaw to fish the tailrace where I put on a fishing clinic as always. I caught Hybrids, Sand Bass, Catfish, Carp, Gar, Crappie, and Walleye. Don't know how many I caught in the 3 hours I fished but it was steady action the whole time with a fish on every 3-4 casts. I was using 3 inch curly tails and silver spoons. The only negative was aside from a few magnum Sand Bass and few large carp and gar, the fish weren't very big. I didn't have enough time to find the bigger fish but still a great day of fishing. The next trip was to what I consider my home lake, Sooner Lake. Netted some shad and was on the water by 6:00am. Our first stop and within a few seconds of sending the shad down to the bottom we had our first fish, a 7lb Striper. Then for the next 2 hours it was fish on with most fish between 2-3lbs. Then the Striper/Hybrid action died down and the Sand Bass and the White perch took over. We continued to catch White Perch with a few Sand Bass mixed in until our arms were too sore to continue. I even caught some Saugeye on some slabs. So my return to my home state produced two solid fishing trips so I was a happy fisherman. If anyone ever gets a chance to fish in Oklahoma remember the names Kaw Lake and Sooner Lake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 094.JPG (140.4 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 089.jpg (109.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 086.jpg (138.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 083.jpg (287.0 KB, 42 views)
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 04:13 PM  

Nice dale looks like good action I need to get down there sometime and try
catfishking is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 04:35 PM  

Way to tear it up!
pistoldog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 04:44 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishking View Post
Nice dale looks like good action I need to get down there sometime and try
Been telling you this for years..... 😏

Nice job Daley. I'm down there for thanksgiving... The lower Illinois is calling my name...

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in