Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Out of state fishing (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Anyone been to cabo? (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95641)

rivrunnr1 03-20-2014 11:55 AM

Anyone been to cabo?

Shore fishing style? It's in my near future. Just curious if anyone has been and has had any luck from shore. Ill have a 10ft surf rod with me as well as a normal rod.

WestSloper 03-20-2014 12:05 PM

I've never shore fished there, but my pops and I go down there quite a bit. We go down to the docks after all the boats leave in the morning and theres normally a couple pangas (small boats) down there looking to go out. Just go up to the captin and offer him $20 or 25/hr to take you out. They almost always will take you up on it and won't charge you the 5/hr minimum either. We've always caught more fish on these little boats then the bigger boats.

pistoldog 03-20-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestSloper (Post 1191529)
We've always caught more fish on these little boats then the bigger boats.

Same experience here.

rivrunnr1 03-20-2014 01:43 PM

Nice. Great advice fellahs.

redleader 03-20-2014 02:55 PM

We was there for Christmas Up north of Cabo was good for Sierra (spanish Mackerel) we were hitting the schools from a boat but there were guys shore fishing for them also. A couple of our guys spent a lot of time casting around Resort central area and didn't have much luck.

Bronco 03-20-2014 04:08 PM

I have and pretty sure Slayer did also. Shore fishing is great 1/2 oz to 1 oz silver spoons and same size jigs in white. Rattle traps blue silver and green silver work in the breaking water. Find some rocks and you might luck into a Rooster, actually fishing is always better by rocks.. I would also leave the 11' surf rod at home . Try the Panga stuff too, cheap and fun.

mogul buster 03-20-2014 07:09 PM

Next time book Puerta Vallarta.......the bottom drops out right off of shore......makes for great fishing.......not so great swimming........crazy ass rip currents.

baetisrun1 03-20-2014 09:24 PM

if you have the time and want a great day fishing, get your ass up North about 70 miles to Rancho Leonero. It's the bomb. You can get a Super Panga for a bit over $200 and catch the hell out of fish. Holler at me if you want more info!

Opry99er 03-20-2014 09:31 PM

I had a few buddies who used to go down regularly. I don't talk to them much anymore, but they used to show me pix of sharks caught in the surf using chunks of jack. I don't think I'd want to tangle with them, but they used to kill em... Big ass circle hook, big ass chunk of jack.

lunkerpunker 03-23-2014 11:07 AM

We fished up north of Cabo at Las Palmas. We were there a few days and fished on a boat during the day. After we came in I would get out the fresh water gear (spinning and casting) with a curly tail or other minnow type baits and I caught all kinds of surf perches and other fish. Didn't get into anything big but had tons of action.