Viva Mexico ... Lobinas Grandes - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Viva Mexico ... Lobinas Grandes

Well I was fortunate enough to win $1500 in my super bowl pool. So I decided I wanted to do a fishing trip, I called Doug King from pro bass adventures and set up a trip to go down south and do some bass fishing El Salto style!!!! My buddy who was going with had to cancel at the last minute so I ended up going solo. Arrived in mazatlan around noon on Monday the 10th where I was picked up by my driver Hollywood and was at the lake by 2 where they had nachos and margaritas waiting. Got my rods and reels ready and went back down to the lodge for a delicious carne Asada dinner and all the Pacifico a man can drink. The next morning the staff wakes you up around 4:30am with a cup of hot coffee and breakfast waiting at the lodge. On the water around 5:00am for some serious top water action.
DAY 1: 10 mins into fishing I catch my personal best bass @7lbs on a rico popper. Catch about 20 more fish on the rico and weightless flukes then my guide Geraldo wanted to go carolina rig lizards(there big on carolina rigs down there)
We fished the c-rig for a while catching a ton of fish but no real monsters, so we decide to move. My guide finds a nice point that goes out about 40yds to 15fow where there was some submerged trees and on the opposite side dropped straight down to 50fow. I tried on a deep diving crank and got to work. On my next 10 cast I catch 6-fish ranging from 6-10lbs. With the 3 biggest going 10 9 and 8. Fish the point from heaven for another hour catching fish after fish with only 3 being under 4lbs then off to lunch. For lunch we had a A pollo asado that was absolutely delicious, took an hour siesta and back to fishing. My guide knows he's on to a good pattern so we go right back to cranking. Try a few different deep points that he knew of and caught plenty of fish but nothing like earlier so back to the point from heaven. Fished there for an hour or so and only got 3 fish but two of them were big one at 8lbs and a new personal best 11lb beast. Tried a couple more spots and caught fish on all techniques we tried. Couple more top water fish that evening and back to camp for a wonderful bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp dinner and a few more pacificos and off to bed. Talk about a day of fishing my 5fish stringer on day 1: 11 10 9 8 8. 46/lb. The next two days were awesome as well but nothing like the first day. Big fish on day two went 8lbs on the DD crank, the crank bite wasn't really going the second day but after the previous day I was committed and threw that big bastard till my arm was numb. Day 3 was slower but had a excellent top water bite that morning. All in all this was the best fishing trip I've ever been on. I was worried about going down there solo but the staff at pro bass adventures was top notch and made me feel like I was part of there family, can't say enough about there service and hospitality truly a top notch outfit. I'll try to get pics up in a few if I can figure it out lol

Last edited by Jdaddy; 03-23-2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: add pics
Jdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awesome man. Thanks for the report. Sounds like an amazing trip.

I'm going to do a trip to Sugar lake with Tommy Law here pretty soon. When i was fishing with him on Falcon he kept talking about how I needed to book a trip there with him. He says it's the best crank bait lake in the world.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sweet man always wanted to fish sugar but was always scared of the cartels. I was talking to guy at El salto and he said not to worry he said he fished there a couple times a year and his pb actually came from there. Still trying to figure out how to post pics lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

That's awesome...so jealous! What did ya do.... bet against the Broncos!?!? lol
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2014, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hahaha should of I won a square with 2/0 lol paid $3000 but I split the square with a buddy
Old 03-21-2014, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/jo...?sort=3&page=1
Old 03-21-2014, 09:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Sorry for the double pic lol. ....more to come
Old 03-21-2014, 09:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

3 grand on one square?! Were the squares $120 a piece?!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

$150 that's why I split it lol.. $3000 a quarter and $150 if you square is next to a winner
Old 03-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

BTW....what was your trip cost total if you don't mind me asking? All 1500?
mogul buster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in