Lake McConoughy report 4/25-26 - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lake McConoughy report 4/25-26

So I joined the boating caravan trolling the dam this weekend and had a blast. I'll take that anytime over Blue Mesa koke fishing.

Anyways water temp was 48-50. Weather cooperated and fished from 7pm till 9pm. Caught two walleyes. One 18 and one 24 incher that weighed 3 pounds. Throw in one smallmouth and we were happy to beat the skunk. I kept the boat in 20fow and all were caught on the dam side of the boat on planars. Trolled yozuri, rapalas, and rogues. No tangles with shore folks.

Water level was low. We launched from Martin Bay and the back end of the 4runner was almost completely in water. Divers bay ramp looked a little steeper but the road to it was horrible. Boat ramp thats right next to Kingley's lodge looked almost completely unusable due to low water. The spray was off on Ogallala side. Didnt see anybody fish the spillway.

Game wardens stopped us Friday night and gave us the full check when we pulled out of the water. Life jackets, licenses, oars, fire extinguishers, etc etc but of course we totally checked out fine

Drove back Sunday morning/afternoon and totally ran into that storm. Saw 4 cars in the ditch on I-70. One car had completely flipped onto its roof. That is one horrible road even when its dry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Awesome man thanks for the report!! Ill be getting out there within the next 3 weeks. That road can definitely be sketchy, we had to pull over and wait a storm out last year on the way home the wind was absolutely crazy and the hail hitting the roof made it impossible to think. We were parked for atleast 45 minutes the car was shaking from the wind
bobys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in