Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Eva/cork split grips - pictoral how-to

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
koldkut

Default Re: Eva/cork split grips - pictoral how-to

Quote:
Originally Posted by TthePikester
Quote:
Originally Posted by |{Φ╚|{ۆ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorelips
looks good, save your self some trouble and buy a cheap old lathe.
I wish it was that easy, I have no space for a lathe. Once I move, I'll be able to setup a shop and do just that, it opens up the possibility for more grip applications. I have been using this method for a few years now, it illustrates that you really can put out good work without *needing real expensive tooling.
Hey Drew, you can get good usable benchtop lathes for what you are doing for just a couple hundred bucks. Check these out bud!
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...result?q=lathe
NOOOOOOOOO! I thought that those would be great since I'm not turning anything real hard, but the folks who have been at this much longer than I have said you can expect a headache with those. I do want a hobby lathe, maybe with a 24" bed, but I'll spend a little $$ when the time comes to make sure it's the last lathe I buy. The one nice thing about this craft is that the industry, as it would be, is sitting right there with the builders to help them all out, Gary Loomis even posts up on rodbuilding.org from time to time.
koldkut is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance