Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fishing Chronicles (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Personal Best Walleye (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160031)

MNBassFisher 05-24-2018 10:06 AM

Personal Best Walleye

For the 2018 Minnesota Fishing Opener (we have seasons in MN unfortunately) we went up to Lake Vermilion in search of Walleyes. The morning started off slow for us so we changed up the tactics and it resulted in a livewell full of walleyes, a few Slot fish and a new Personal Best!

IFSHDOU2? 05-24-2018 04:42 PM

Nice job !!
Been to Vermilion one time years ago....
I think Colorado needs a CLOSED SEASON, also.....

Ninja 05-24-2018 08:40 PM

Nice Mitch!

GRABABREWSKI 05-24-2018 08:45 PM

The Motherland!! I'm heading up to Babbitt next month. My bro has a cabin reserved. Try some Colorado tactics on some Minnesota Walleyes!
Great video, looks like you put a few in the box.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

MNBassFisher 05-25-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IFSHDOU2? (Post 2066451)
Nice job !!
Been to Vermilion one time years ago....
I think Colorado needs a CLOSED SEASON, also.....

It's a beautiful area up there! My wife's family has a place on Vermilion so we try to get up there as much as we can but even that is not enough! ;D

MNBassFisher 05-25-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRABABREWSKI (Post 2066467)
The Motherland!! I'm heading up to Babbitt next month. My bro has a cabin reserved. Try some Colorado tactics on some Minnesota Walleyes!
Great video, looks like you put a few in the box.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Nice, have a blast! A lot of good and scenic lakes in that area! Weather should be perfect - temperature wise. Hopefully the Mosquito's aren't in full swing yet (they haven't come out yet around the Twin Cities Metro but I expect that to change soon).

IFSHDOU2? 05-25-2018 01:06 PM

Oh Yeah.... MOSQUITO'S ..>:D>:D>:D
I once sat with My cousin in His garage in Richfield havin a beer in June..
Temp was 95 with 100% humidity....
AND..
It WASN'T raining......
YUCK !!

Zman 05-27-2018 06:33 AM

great video mitch!...been to Vermillion many times...I am head for Trails end resort on echo lake the 16th of june thru the 23rd with my bro...its by buyck minnesota...going to try and abuse brewski's dad on the way up!...everyone likes sequels...

MNBassFisher 05-29-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zman (Post 2066639)
great video mitch!...been to Vermillion many times...I am head for Trails end resort on echo lake the 16th of june thru the 23rd with my bro...its by buyck minnesota...going to try and abuse brewski's dad on the way up!...everyone likes sequels...

That looks like an awesome lake! I've taken snowmobiles near there on the way from Vermilion to Crane lake but never fished it. Good luck!