Kids Fishing Derby at College Lake, Fort Collins - Colorado Fishing Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2015, 05:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FishDr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,509
Thumbs up Kids Fishing Derby at College Lake, Fort Collins

The CSU Student Chapter of the American Fisheries Society is putting on a KIDS only fishing derby (17 and younger) for this upcoming weekend, and tickets are still available. College Lake has lots of northerns (most in the 18 - 28" range, but there are some hogs), a few very big bass, a few walleye, and some outsized crappie. The spring fishing derby has no age limitations and tickets sell out in minutes, but this one is kids-only, so if you've got a kid who's interested in fishing and want to put them on a lake where the chance of getting a northern or two is really good, check this out.

Here's a link to the announcement.

For more information, contact AFSCSU[at]gmail.com
FishDr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-08-2015, 08:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 258
Default

Do you know if this event is sold out as of today? 10-8.
I've got a son who would love a chance at a Pike on the fly.

Skip
xlakeishot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2015, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FishDr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlakeishot View Post
Do you know if this event is sold out as of today? 10-8.
I've got a son who would love a chance at a Pike on the fly.

Skip
I do not know if it is sold out yet. If I hear something, I'll let you know.
FishDr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-08-2015, 12:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
whompuscat658's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlakeishot View Post
Do you know if this event is sold out as of today? 10-8.
I've got a son who would love a chance at a Pike on the fly.

Skip
Its a lot of fun. If you can get your son into it, i would definitely recommend it. Lots of great prizes and stuff
whompuscat658 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2015, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 258
Default

He's in. If anyone's interested you can register you child at Jax in Ft. Collins.
Sign in is at 7am and they fish from 8am to noon. Come out and have some fun with your kids.
xlakeishot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2015, 01:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
whompuscat658's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlakeishot View Post
He's in. If anyone's interested you can register you child at Jax in Ft. Collins.
Sign in is at 7am and they fish from 8am to noon. Come out and have some fun with your kids.
Keep an eye out for a tall Afs volunteer. that'd be me!

Last edited by whompuscat658; 10-08-2015 at 02:06 PM.
whompuscat658 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2015, 08:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whompuscat658 View Post
Keep an eye out for a tall Afs volunteer. that'd be me!
I'm sure you'll be the only tall volunteer there
bobys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2015, 09:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
whompuscat658's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobys View Post
I'm sure you'll be the only tall volunteer there
I pretty much am otherwise I probably wouldn't have said that. Being that I'm in AFS, I know who the volunteers are. I volunteered with them the last three derby events. It's a pretty small group and plus we have Afs meetings regularly. I see them all the time and hang out with them. Its not too complicated

Last edited by whompuscat658; 10-09-2015 at 09:33 AM.
whompuscat658 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2015, 01:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Green Valley Ranch / D.I.A.
Posts: 94
Send a message via AIM to Fisher II Send a message via Yahoo to Fisher II
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishDr View Post
The CSU Student Chapter of the American Fisheries Society is putting on a KIDS only fishing derby (17 and younger) for this upcoming weekend, and tickets are still available. College Lake has lots of northerns (most in the 18 - 28" range, but there are some hogs), a few very big bass, a few walleye, and some outsized crappie. The spring fishing derby has no age limitations and tickets sell out in minutes, but this one is kids-only, so if you've got a kid who's interested in fishing and want to put them on a lake where the chance of getting a northern or two is really good, check this out.

Here's a link to the announcement.

For more information, contact AFSCSU[at]gmail.com
Is the lake gonna be stocked with anything before this event? is the lake open to the public when the fishing derby is over with?
Fisher II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2015, 07:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher II View Post
Is the lake gonna be stocked with anything before this event? is the lake open to the public when the fishing derby is over with?
Why would a private lake need stocking? Aint nobody going there to try to catch some trout. No the lake isn't open to the public after, that would defeat the purpose of tickets even being sold in the first place...
bobys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fort Collins - Bass Fishing ??? New to Colorado and Fort Collins dethered Colorado Fishing Lounge 8 04-02-2009 09:33 PM
CSU AFS College Lake Pike Derby ILikeBigBrooks Colorado Fishing Lounge 18 04-29-2008 01:14 PM
Fishing Derby at College Lake in Fort Collins lonnyinco Colorado Fishing Lounge 10 04-02-2007 11:58 PM
Fishing Derby at College Lake TimberlineArcher Colorado Fishing Lounge 19 04-11-2006 12:52 PM
Nice places to take kids around Loveland/Fort Collins milehighbassin Colorado Fishing Lounge 6 04-03-2006 08:11 PM

» Forum Search
» Insurance
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL3
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.