American Bass Association Colorado Region - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2016, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default American Bass Association Colorado Region

Hello to all Bass fisherman in the State of Colorado!!! My name is Bill Plains and i am a Tournament Director for American Bass Association! I have Been running tournaments for over 8 years in California and have recently moved to Colorado for Work and i am starting up a couple regions out here! I will have a southern region and a northern region. Right now the southern region only consists of Pueblo Reservoir! I am looking for and interested to hear about any other Lakes that have good Bass fishing either small mouth or largemouth in the southern part of the state! The northern region i have Horsetooth but i can only do 2 events there so i need other lakes. I have heard that Wolford is a good option so i am looking into that but havent been able to get ahold of anybody at the lake. Any other options i am glad to entertain the ideas. I have contacted John Martin Reservoir and Granby lake but they both said the bass fishing wasnt good enough to make for a decent tournament.

Colorado South Region Tournament Schedule

April 30th 2016
May 21st 2016
June 11th 2016
June 25th 2016
July 16th 2016
Aug 6th 2016

If you have any questions Please feel free to call me!

951 236 8925
ABA Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2016, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

I hope you have some tough skin.

You need to do some more research on which fish are in which lakes here.
Bionic Man is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2016, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
P I K E

^^^^^^^This!!! 1st, Wolford doesn't have bass along with Granby. It would really help to search this map to find lakes then talk to people that do fish for your certain species. Good luck!!!

http://ndismaps.nrel.colostate.edu/i...p=FishingAtlas
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Haha... Granby would be perfect for stocking bass.

If you're looking to do a tourney in northern Colorado... I suggest looking at Elkhead reservoir. Lots of nice sized black bass. And the lake could use the positive publicity.

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2016, 07:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

The only other southern lake that I would recommend is Trinidad-good lake for smallies and largemouth. And yes, you need to do more research.
kirbydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2016, 12:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

LMAO - would have loved to hear the call to Granby....
andyrm66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2016, 10:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Like the first reply says, I hope you have some thick skin, as can be seen from the other posts. Let me also say, I'm glad to see ABA back in Colorado. I started fishing the old District 55 back in 04. Lots of fun, unfortunately I no longer own a boat, but may consider going as a non-boater if that is still an option.
So, on to your question. Pueblo - great bass lake. Another option in the south would be Navajo. Northern waters I would suggest are Chatfield, Boyd and Lonetree. Chatfield can get real busy in summer and weekends; fishes really good for smallies in early spring and does have some largemouth. Same applies to Boyd. Lonetree is a great largemouth lake, smaller in size and has a wakeless only restriction. If your really in a pinch for another north lake, Carter is an option.
stratosfaction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2016, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

I live in the North and all the Lakes that Stratosfaction said are great LMB lakes and ones that I would recommend. It is great seeing a ABA again. Let me know if you need anything from me as I am willing to help in anyway I can.

Youtube Channel 5280 Fishing
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBo...QqpCCFmOYOGtHQ
kevino002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in