Aurora Reservoir $10,000 Trout Tourney in danger of cancellation - get registered! - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Aurora Reservoir $10,000 Trout Tourney in danger of cancellation - get registered!

I havent been on here much of late, too much stuff at work, home repairs, and mom in danger of checking out, it hasnt been an enjoyable April and May and then I got the email today below from Crystal the Aurora Special Events Coordinator below which added to my negative stew of late. Seems the registrations to date have been lagging at the Aurora $10,000 Trout Tournament probably due to the miserable spring weather we have had coupled with the miserable weather we had last year for the tourney. I can say the extended forecast for next week looks for 70's and 80's breaking out on Sunday (Mothers Day) and lasting the week. I know its crazy out there during the tourney (always reminds me of the harbor scene in Jaws when they are chasing the cash for the shark which is part of them charm)...boats zig zagging wildly...people partying and sleeping overnight in line...I for one would miss the carnage...so if you are riding the fence on going get registered or it sounds like it will be cancelled...where else can you fish for a day and have a shot at $10,000?...they are just trout even Slayer can catch them!...cripeZ!!...Please get registered!!!...thanks for reading...

Here is some info on the contest...they brought the boat back as the secondary top prize...the $10,000 is still there too!...

Quote:
Now onto the $10,000 Trout Tournament! On May 18th we will all converge at the Aurora Reservoir for some fishing, prizes, and food! This year Crowley Marine stepped up to the plate and we now have a BOAT again as first prize! In addition, we have separated the youth categories. We have a less expensive registration (non-competitive) for youth that donít want to compete for the $10,000 prize but still want to compete for the youth prizes, while still giving those that want to compete for the $10,000 a way to do so (competitive registration).

You can register for the Trout Tournament online or go into either the Aurora Reservoir or Quincy Reservoir Park Offices. If you have any trouble with registering, please contact the Aurora Reservoir Park Office at 303-60-1286 x6, and they can help you through the process. Also, donít forget to get your overnight boat storage pass in order to leave your boat overnight at the reservoir. Those are only available for purchase in the Aurora Reservoir Park Office for $10.00 per boat. Space is limited and is filling up quickly so get those overnight passes soon!
Here is the email I rec'd from Crystal on the possibility of cancellation and many of you know Crystal so help her out and get registered!:

Quote:
I hope youíre doing well. I have a favor to ask of you, could you potentially put something about the Trout Tournament on Colorado Fisherman? We are really struggling to meet registrations this year and we may actually have to cancel the event which makes me really sad. If you donít have time to do this, I completely understand but I thought I would ask.
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks for posting this Mark! You are right... the tourney is in real danger of cancellation this year if the numbers aren't there! We all know what happens to events like these if they are once cancelled... the city is very reluctant to give them another shot, remember the "moonlight fishing nights at Quincy" ? Don't have them anymore, huh.
Let's do what we can to keep this event.. You are right.. where else can any of us have a reasonable chance of winning 10 Grand? And... doing what we all love.. FISHING! Famous Daves is providing the grub, and while that BBQ isn't as good as Mom Stevens, it's pretty good in it's own right.

As far as the weather... who cares! We have all fished in much worse weather plenty of times! Let's sign up, and get out there, have a great time, and enjoy fishing Atown!
Old 05-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

What time do the gates open?

Old 05-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Gates open at 5:30.

Just so everyone is aware, the event will not be cancelled. See you Saturday!

Crystal
csyusten is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in